Norfolk And Western Y6s (a/b Variants)

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by trainplayer2019, Jan 24, 2021.

1. trainplayer2019

trainplayer2019 Member

Hi!

I would like to suggest the y6s, which were the Big Boys east coast brother which can pull loads of coal. I really like these locomotives and i think that they can be a real asset to Train Simulator. there isn't a lot of American Steam and other countries as well.
    note: none of these images are NOT MINE![​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

I think it'd be a good idea to have a steam era Norfolk & Western route before getting into making the Big Three. But that's just me.

3. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

As a wise person once said, why not both? Any N&W route kind of needs the J and at least one of the articulateds, well unless you go post-steam era, but I don't think anyone wants that.

(I feel like I summoned someone incredibly passionate about 70's N&W with that comment.)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  4. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

H A H A A

I mean, a separate pack for the Big Three released in conjunction with an N&W route would certainly be nice, but with the J's, there's the fact that the VMT somehow owns some sorta trademark or something on the streamlined J's, so that comes with its own issues. But it'd still be one heckuva seller if an advanced Big Three made it into the game. Have proper sounds and I'd certainly get in a line to buy 'em.
    Put 611's 1992 to 1994 whistle on the J's and I'd possibly give a hoot { ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) } for joy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

They take a cut sure, but at least you can get the rights to do it unlike say the Eurostar. There's always the K types, could probably use that as the base for the J later on too, or if nothing else just make passenger content as a DLC. That still leaves the two articulateds and many lessor known classes as fair game for a route. Include at least one of the articulateds, I say both if you make it a freight only route, the J or K if you include passenger ops, and some switcher, I say a USRA 0-8-0, and you'd have a solid lineup of stock for a route. Whatever you don't include from the big three are very easy picks for addon engines post release.

6. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately a while back there was a Trainz port of the Y6b, but it was taken down by Auran themselves.... :|