Norfolk Southern S-line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fizpix, Apr 16, 2021.

?
  1. Classic

30.0%
  2. Modern

60.0%
  3. Both

10.0%
  1. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

I know I proposed this earlier but now there maybe more that one thing I am proposing a route mixed with multiple Ideas either an Asheville to somewhere in the Carolinas
    The Two Ideas
    A Modern Route
    Asheville is supposed to eventually get passenger train railroad Amtrak to run and be a stop and go point for a train NS while doesn't run much most likely will after Covid become way more productive in Asheville Yard even in the past year from a dead stop has been picking up traffic again month by month has had more and longer trains run through.
    Back To the Late 50's to Early 60's
    Southern Railway Or SO has had trains such as passenger which ran from Asheville to Charleston SC using Saluda Grade we could have tougher grades than clinchfield which had a max of 3.6 on the Nora spur we would learn to use High-hood GP or SD and F7A/B units

• Like Like x 1
  2. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

I mentioned Saluda Grade as a possible route before, I think Saluda would be a lot of fun! Would love a chance to run the Belmont over Saluda grade!

3. dedh98mosqueto

dedh98mosqueto Active Member

I love both of the ideas. It really would be nice to haul something other than coal most the time.

4. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

As one who grew up in a town along the S Line, I'm all for the S Line getting made in TSW2. Personally, I'm torn between both options because it'd be nice to see what it looked like back in the day, but it'd also be nice to have it how it is nowadays so I can get all giddy spotting familiar spots and landmarks. Darn. Why can't I just vote for both a classic AND modern version of the route? ;-:

5. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

Fixed it to include both

6. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

Oh. Well thanks, I guess. I was mostly being facetious when I whinged about not being able to vote for both. Though I must say, upon thinking about it, making two versions of the same route, one in the modern era and the other being set in the past, could very well be something to look into in the future of TSW2 once more refined and optimized methods of route building are developed and in usage.