North Lincolnshire Line (modern Route) Proposal.

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by BritishRail60062, Mar 8, 2018.

1. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

Hello everyone.

I would like to propose a new route set in North Lincolnshire that would cover the Doncaster/Lincoln Central to Cleethorpes line that would include the Lindsey Oil Refinery, Immingham Depot as well as the Scunthorpe Power Station and the TATA Steel Works on this route. The route would allow for both passenger and freight scenarios to be created for all to enjoy.

Rolling Stock.
    Passenger - The natural selection would be to use the Class 185 FTPE Desiro DMU's on the Doncaster to Cleethorpes diagrams and the Class 153 for the Lincoln Central to Cleethorpes/Grimsby Town diagram. There is a Class 185 being developed if I remember correctly. But a Class 153 would be required for the Lincoln-Cleethorpes/Grimsby Town runs.

Freight - A new super detailed Class 60 Diesel Locomotive with a full functioning cab with high res textures would be a nice addition and authentic EWS/DBC/DBS liveries could be added to the locomotive. The freight wagons that would fit in on this route would be the DRAX Biomass Hoppers and a set of TEA 100-tonne tank wagons. The locomotive and the tank wagons could utilise the Lindsey/Humber Oil Refinery scenarios and the DRAX wagons would utilise the DRAX Power Station at Scunthorpe.

I realise that the Class 60 is not normally used with the DRAX wagons, but it could be implemented for the benefit of the built-in scenarios if DTG didn't include a Class 66.

• Like Like x 2
  2. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

great idea but the route does need the class 153 class 156 class 158 DMU and class 185 Disiro

3. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

Great Idea for a route but Dovetail games could make more money for this route in the uk