Northeast Corridor New York To Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mrrando19, Feb 21, 2022.

1. mrrando19

mrrando19 Member

What is the NEC NYC - Philadelphia?
    The NEC NYC to Philadelphia is a major US passenger line from New York Penn Station To Philadelphia 30th street station. The line runs for 91 miles plus the extra 4-5ish miles to Sunnyside yard and Morrisville Yard but I am not including the Princeville branch as it uses different rolling stock from which I am not suggesting. The operators I am suggesting are Amtrak and the highly requested NJ Transit. The routes top speed is 130mph for the Acela, 125mph for northeast regional and 100mph for NJ Transit. NJ Transit will run from NY Penn to Trenton NJ while Amtrak continues on to Philadelphia 30th Street.
    Here is a map of the route (ignore the SEPTA branch in Philadelphia)
    [​IMG]
    Lets talk about the Rolling Stock I am suggesting for the route.
    Amtrak operates multiple train lines on this route such as Acela, Northeast Regional, Silver Star, Keystone Service to name a few. Because of this I will not be suggesting the rolling stock for every route as that would be unrealistic. So that being said here is what I am suggesting.
    Fist up Acela. Because Amtrak will be phasing out the current Acela fleet in place of the new Avelia Liberty I am suggesting both and DTG can choose which one they want to include(though I would prefer the current Acela).
    [​IMG]
    The current Acela set
    [​IMG]
    The future Avelia Liberty sets.
    For the Northeast Regional and other Amtrak trains I suggest the ACS64 and amfleet coaches be layered over from Boston to Providence so for this route. For services like the Silver Star for example use the layered over ACS64 and layered amfeet coaches but DTG would also add in the Viewliner, diner, and baggage cars. These cars would come in with the base route as the same as any other rolling stock DTG would add to any other route. Keep in mind I am only using the Silver Star as an example as most of Amtrak's long distance trains use very similar rolling stock that would just be different lengths or in a order.
    But anyway here is the Viewliner, diner, and baggage cars:
    [​IMG]
    Sleeper car
    [​IMG]
    Diner car
    [​IMG]
    Baggage car. It was hard to find which rolling stock ran with which service so this what I could find.

Now for the rolling stock I am suggesting for NJ Transit. On the Northeast Corridor Line NJ transit uses the ALP 46/A and ALP45DP for the line however because it is newer and I like it the most I am suggesting DTG use the ALP45A for the route. For the passenger cars I am suggesting the Bombardier bi level coaches.
    [​IMG]
    ALP45A
    [​IMG]
    Bombardier bi-level coaches.
    Now for the sights along the route and some route details.
    [​IMG]
    Sunnyside yard is used by both Amtrak and NJ Transit.
    [​IMG]
    NY Penn station
    [​IMG]
    Hudson river tunnels
    [​IMG]
    Newark Penn
    [​IMG]
    Trenton transit center. This is the Southern Terminus of NJ Transit.
    [​IMG]
    Morrisville yard. This yard is used solely by NJ Transit.
    [​IMG]
    Zoo interlocking. This photo was taken in the 1970s
    [​IMG]
    Philadelphia 30th Street Station.

To end off this suggestion I would love to see this route in TSW2 because of the vast array of rolling stock and the community just dying for NJ Transit in the game and because it is another new section on the Northeast Corridor in the game. This section of the route also has a very high volume of train traffic along with high speeds. Anyway thank for reading my suggestion and have a great day!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'll give you points for optimism. :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

ACS-64 gets layered from Boston Providence phase II if DTG has SEPTA License ACS-64 600-670 becomes ACS-64 901-915

• Like Like x 1
  4. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

I’d definitely would want to see this over DTG bringing back NEC New York.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ILied

ILied Active Member

I would say that heading north out of NY Penn would be really easy for DTG to do now as they already have the Metro North license for the Harlem Line.

6. driverwoods#1787

That means TSW 2 NEC New York New Haven as TS22 route. If dtg wants this realistic then NEC New York Providence 195mi Providence station you will get prompt that says do you wish to continue to Boston Yes or No? Yes Auto boot up NEC Boston-Providence some cases you are already one hour late due to heavy traffic.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ILied

ILied Active Member

I can tell you straight away that isn’t going to happen. 195mi is a lot of work and they currently don’t have a way to do it quickly. However, a section of the route heading north of NY Penn and south would be very feasible due to already holding the licenses.

8. driverwoods#1787

So it's done as TS22 NEC NY New Haven remade for TSW 2 with Avelia Liberty then phase 2 NEC New Haven to Providence, RI

9. metro north railfan 224

metro north railfan 224 Active Member

Or maybe they could do the Hudson line which I don't think they would do it all the way up to Poughkeepsie so I think having DTG go all the way up to Croton Harmon would make more sense.

10. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see it that section added into the TSW 2

11. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see NEC from NYC to Philly. In addition to the original post SEPTA runs from Trenton NJ to 30th St station in Philly. I'd love to see that.

12. driverwoods#1787

SEPTA ACS-64 is simply a reskin of existing ACS-64 600-670 if you look at the Livery designer others had spawned ACS-64 901-915 SEPTA from ACS-64 600-670 Amtrak. Coaches for the ACS-64 SEPTA are CRRC Qingdao Sifang double-decker coaches or Comet II-IV SEPTA paint. Which can serve as the basis for NJ Transit versions for Raritan Valley Line Northeast Corridor line Trenton to New York Penn Station via New Brunswick and NJCL. I've seen a NJ Transit Comet II-V in person twice 2004 and more recently 2021 where it was pulling the 15:25 16:15 New Brunswick New York Penn Station Express. Unit was Comet V 6043.

13. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

14. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Personally the New Haven portion of the NEC is my least favorite part of the whole NEC. Main reason is because it is the slowest part of the whole line. I think the average speed is between 50-70mph and there's hardly any sections of the route that go over 100mph. Would much prefer seeing NY-PH and DC-Baltimore first

15. driverwoods#1787

Thanks for telling me and for DTG once the Technology is there they can probably do DC Philly 220 km 135 mi then followed by 90 mi 145 km Philly Trenton NYC via New Brunswick, NJ. Since I was on NEC NY to Philly back on August 20th 2021 an express commuter train takes 50 minutes to do 33 mi New Brunswick, NJ to NY Penn Station that was the 15:25 New Brunswick 16:15 NY Penn Station Trip. Starts in Trenton as the 14:59-15:00 Trip to NY Penn