Northeast Corridor Speed Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by TrainFreak1994, Mar 26, 2019.

1. TrainFreak1994

TrainFreak1994 New Member

I've been trying to keep quiet and play through this flawed game but I've had it!!! The signal and track speeds suddenly change without any warning at all. For instance after North Elizabeth the speed limit is 75 mph but the actual speed is 60 mph but that's the signal speed. It's not until you reach the signal that it reduces to 60 mph but by then it's too late. Then it bumps up to 110 mph for a mile or so but goes back down to 60 mph even though in the cab says 45 mph for signal speed. Again there's NO heads up instructing us to slow down. Once the reduced speed is at the very next signal, the one leading up to it should trigger a reading on the cab signal telling us what the signal, track, and actual speeds are. Not right as you pass the signal because it's too late by then. I DEMAND Dovetail takes a look into this or else I'm done with this game. In real life there's always advanced notice that a reduction in speed is required and they don't give you two different speeds or intentionally confuse drivers at what the actual speed limit is. I'm trying not to go off on a profanity laced tirade but you clowns are pushing my buttons!!

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Cab Speed says you should drive at 45mph but there are no instructions telling you to slow down from 60mph?
    Do you not Drive at the Cab Speed rather than the Track Speed?

And instead of Ranting where no-one will take any notice why don't you REPORT The FAULT to DTG?

3. TrainFreak1994

I have but since there's no video I couldn't. UNTIL NOW. I witnessed the problem again and thanks to Bandicam was able to capture it on video.

4. TrainFreak1994

5. TrainFreak1994

Go to the last minute or so and you'll see what I'm talking about.