Northern Trans Pennine, Early 60s Timetable Pack:

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Feb 8, 2022.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

It's Been a Bit and Liverpool - Crewe has been announced as the first steam route woo, and of course here comes me with another suggestion for the old Trans Pennine, in this case with an Early 60s timetable pack where it takes us back to when the Workings around here were being taken over by Diesels,

The Stock route which takes place in the Early 80s shouldn't be too different from how it would've Actually looked in the Early 60s, mostly because of the 20 year difference from the Stock route, compared to DLOTGW (to use as a Comparison) where it is a 40ish year difference from how it should've looked compared to the Stock route where it is a Much more drastic Difference,

The Services can generally stay the Same, maybe a few changed here and there where necessary, we can have a Mix of Steam and Diesel Hauled trains to represent the switch over going on at the time, Steam Hauled passenger trains which were being replaced by Diesel hauled trains around this time where doubled headed on the Liverpool - Leeds Leg and According to Railexpress A3s would take over the trains North of Here,
    We could also get some new types of freight, what types? Coal Trains are a Likely Choice as coal was Commonly hauled over the Pennines, and with HFP We could get Mixed Freights using the 2 Axle Box Vans, most likely we can also have Layers from Liverpool - Crewe it would make sense,

Locos:
    I Can't believe it we are finally at the Locos! I Have chosen to include 2 Locos from both the Steam and Diesel Category 2 New Locos 2 Locos we have seen Before,

Let's start with the ones we have seen Before with the
    BR Stanier Black 5:
    now you may be saying "but we haven't seen this before wtf you talking about" now consider this is a New Loco but it's not exactly new, these locos are very similar to the Less Popular Jubilees, which Unlike the Black 5s where made just for Passenger service and is Slightly more Powerful with a Route Availability of 8 (Thanks Luke for replying to a TSC Thread 4 years ago about their differences), These 2 locos like i just said are Very Similar, you may even confuse one for the other, but the Black 5s could be modified from the Jubilees which are gonna be Included in Liverpool - Crewe,
    These locos were introduced around this time on the Route and being a mixed traffic engine, they can work Most of the services available,
    B5.jpg

English Electric Type 4, (AKA BR Class 40):
    Ah the 40s they were introduced to TSW On a different DLC on this route, but these are Different instead having Only Vaccuum brakes and not Dual like the 80s Counterpart, they also feature Prominet BR Green, and Pre Tops Numbers, Around this time the Class 40s where found to be able to Haul trains over the Grades of the North Trans-Pennine without Double Heading, although later on in this 60s Class 46s where more commonly called in for the job,
    EET4.jpg

Well, we Talked about Locos we have seen before now the part you all been waiting for the new stuff let's start with the
    BR Standard 9F:
    Man I Had so much trouble trying to think/find a Second steamer to go with the Black 5 here, but ultimately i chose the 9Fs. these Locos were the Best of the Best with the standards and the last Steamer built by British Railways was a 9F, Fast, Powerful they were perfect for the Heavy freights they were designed for, although they had the occasional Express work, so wink wink I hope you get the hint, there is probably A Much better Loco to include and someone will likely tell me it but for now the 9Fs would be nice,
    9f.jpg

Swindon "Trans-Pennine" 6-Car DMUs, (AKA BR Class 124):
    What? you thought I would make an early 1960s Timetable suggestion for this route and NOT include these? I've wanted these since I Joined this Forum and by golly, I'm not leaving them out here, these units with their Lavish Interiors, Buffet Car, and High Horsepower were an Instant Success and Reduced the previous Steam Hauled times by an Average of 45 Minutes (according to Railcar.uk), Thes can come in BR Green, but a BR Blue livery could also be added for use the Standard timetable, also to note Unlike other Multiple Units similar to it, it had what is best described as B-Units where 2 MBSL had Engines,
    To Beat a Dead horse once more all Members of this Class has been Scrapped, BUT I Believe with the Plentiful amount of Existing Images and the Fact that their Prime Movers still exist to get sounds from that a Suitable recreation can be made in TSW2,
    Swindon Tran-Pennine Units.jpg

The Layering:
    I Said before but we can get some Layers from Liverpool - Crewe mostly its Locos and some New services involving some of its Rollingstock.

The End:
    Yes it is the end of this Suggestion wow that took a bit to make mostly from my Laziness and putting it off a bit to think of locos, Im done here for today im out.

• Like Like x 7
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and how about a Class 101 DMU in the original Green Paint Huddersfield Leeds City commuter Services only

3. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

One problem with the idea, how exactly would water and coal stops be handled on a route like NTP which lacks them?