PlayStation Not Happy High Speed One Route.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by marcjmurray, Feb 5, 2021.

1. marcjmurray

marcjmurray Member

I hope someone at dovetail reads this. First of all I love this game tsw2 on ps5 no updated version yet. I just want to say the new route what you put out in my opinion was rushed and not finished. Dovetail matt and Sam said would be a day one patch to fix the big issues but no patch then in the stream sam said will be in next road map. Well why say do a patch then do nothing. Also I feel the lgv was rushed not enough content. I e other trains. Also price should have been cheaper. Dovetail says it is listening to our customers but they are clearly not so sad I ended up playing hst 43 last night instead.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

DTG has said the patch would be out in days rather then weeks so remember that

• Like Like x 2
  3. marcjmurray

marcjmurray Member

Well why say day one Patch then. I feel that dovetail rushed the route and not finished it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

They didn't say day one patch AFAIK. I remember Sam & Matt saying they can't pin a date on it but it wouldn't be too long of a wait (or words to that effect).

• Like Like x 1
  5. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

They have never said the patch would be out on day one. Please tell us what parts on not finished. Yes in some people’s opinions some things need changing but to describe it as unfinished is not a true reflection of the game.

6. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

I like the route but in my opinion the track outside st pancras is too dark. The ballast should look a bit fresher to make it look more realistic, thats the only thing that stood out for me

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Never been said it would be day one. Maybe your hopes overrode your hearing

You don't know they've DONE nothing, only that nothing has yet been confirmed for release.

Prices are set by what they can get away with, same as all other commercial values. If people buy at £25 then it's worth £25...

We know there are issues, but rants about what you feel you are owed are generally going to be looked at in a lesser manner than those which are stated in a constructive manner

8. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Yeh they specifically said it wouldn’t be a day one patch.
    I’m sure they’ll be working hard and it normally doesn’t take them too long.

9. murphytwenty

murphytwenty New Member

Definitely rushed, i was disgusted at the horrible textures inside both cabs so then tried the 1st service for 375 depot, if you stand up you end up through the roof, if you crouch you get kicked over the other side of the wall and can't get back inside the depot, then my character starts falling through the floor and i made it over 2miles away before trying again and that's when i see the 375 is too big to fit in the depot and it's roof is inside the structure. dovetail are awful with sounds, we have come to expect it, the brakes are too quiet, the horns are insulting, and they use too many of the same sound files again and again, but we love the game so we still buy it but the fact they don't have their own people test console versions more is wrong. i understand why textures have to be lowered for ps4 but as for everything else, this cost 25 pound, that is a lot of cash for a new train.

10. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with the price in my opinion, you can get it cheaper by buying a PlayStation wallet gift card from shopto.net, usually a few quid off , but 24.99 pretty good in my opinion

11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Some of the building models on SHS are in a word, crap. Gillingham Depot for one looks like a shanty shed. No life. No texture. Very bog standard. More like a place holder than the finished building.

• Like Like x 2
  12. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Agreed. And have you seen the state of the waiting room on platform 2 of Gillingham station. Looks like a blurry 3d 4 sided box in a game from the PS2 era.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We are certainly listening, and reading all of the feedback the community are sharing.

I understand it can feel disappointing if you are looking forward to a new route and when you finally get to play it, we haven't met your expectations. The patch was never going to be a fist day update and there may have been a miscommunication when we explained there would be an update very quickly after the release.

I can assure you that we are making changes based on the feedback we have received and we are listening to our community. Currently we are working on writing up exactly what is being updated and what improvements you can look forward to.

As for the price this is something that is unlikely to change, as it is our standard price for a new route of this size.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

I agree, my opinion is that we should get the full route for example it said London Victoria or charring cross on the departure boards but we only get to go a little bit of that route in the 375. Where as the 395 kings cross to Faversham. If full price is paid then at least the route should be a complete one. My opinion don't hate please.

15. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Actually, Sam did say it would be day one in the Festival of Trains stream. Also in the most recent one, he clearly said it would be days rather than weeks so, if there is any miscommunication, it is on DGT’s part and you can hardly be surprised if we, the community are expecting a patch in the next few days.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

junior hornet Sam is correct in saying it will be days and not weeks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

To be honest I'm not sure why there is such impatience for the patch. I am not happy with the route as is but would rather wait weeks and get lots of improvements than days and the fixes be minor.

• Like Like x 4
  18. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Has never and will never work this way. Imagine building the route to Penzance... CrossCountry runs trains to Aberdeen so by your logic unless you build the route to Aberdeen it shouldn't be built.

Trains running from St Pancras SEHS go via Thanet or to Dover and they're not in game either.
    This is how TSW (and TSx) work and always have.

Maybe at some point we will get extensions or routes that join up, I'm hoping in the end we get whole networks which do, but not in one go

• Like Like x 1