Not Scoring In Career Mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChooChooKeith, Nov 9, 2018.

1. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

All of the Scenerios seem to not give a score. I have my settings to score my performance.
    I just did a perfect score in Garmisch to Munch route. Starnberg to Munich.
    but not score or achievement was indicated. What do you have to do to get this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. rickyt7808

rickyt7808 Member

Are you using Expert or Simple controls? You only score points when using Expert.

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

That's true- furthermore I find the Simple controls too simple and no easier to use than the Expert controls.

I've also noticed I getting nul points on at least a couple of scenarios. I can't say it bothers me, the points don't count towards anything anyway so I didn't really look into it, but I was suffering from a unreliable connection on at least one of those occasions and wondered if that had anything to do with it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. mrsandman

mrsandman New Member

Get used to it. There's plenty of scenarios that don't register the points or don't add up to 1000, or have impossible timings, I wish DTG would do something about it....

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Oh yes there's that too but I've certainly had moments when I finished scenarios with points to register and they weren't. They don't sem to count towards anything tangible- just your experience level and that doesn't seem to count towards anything tangible so don't really care but my guess is it might be a connection thing in at least one instance.

6. ChooChooKeith

I put my settings to expert but its very diffcult without Hardware or RailDriver Controller. I dont have that yet but when you do expert with the ICE trains its hard other then setting the auto pilot on. Also in the Munch to Garmisch Route some of the people on the platforms are spawning and walking on the track. I hope they can fix that.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  7. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

I use an XBox 360 controller for PC, and it's much better for control than the mouse and keyboard alone.

8. ChooChooKeith

I have expert level on and actually doing well with the mouse. I did not think I would be able to do it.
    I will be getting the Raildriver hardware soon. I dont have XBOX.

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I drive on standard PC keyboard and never have too many issues. It's normally more a case of the train modelling missing things out rather than any clunkiness on behalf of the keyboard controls...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

It would be nice if we could use the points to buy a coffee.. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. ChooChooKeith

This is was a prime example I got a downvote for asking a question and having a problem.. LOL!!

12. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

I gave you an upvote to cancel it out. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. ChooChooKeith

Thats ok I was just wondering because of asking a question. just need some feedback is all thank you for the upvote.