Ntp: Br Class 120, Cross-country Sets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Sep 9, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I Have returned once more, I Have seen the Arguments on whether the Class 122 would fit on NTP, Well im here to suggest another DMU, This time one that should fit in, it is the
    BR Class 120, Cross Country Sets:
    These units, coming in Exclusively 3 car sets (although i saw images of 2 car sets, most likely just being split up) did not arrive in Newton Heath till the early 80s, but by the time NTP Happens (1983) Newton Heath had 38 sets, this is not the case for Neville hill which they arrived there in 1986.
    OIP.jpg

The Services:
    the Services for these units can be in The base route, if they add the 101 Middle Trailer From TVL into NTP 3 car DMU Services can come in which these units can Substitute in for, along side 2 car services,
    Coupling and Decoupling services can come along as well.

Plausible Layer:
    I Think it could layer onto DL, and TVL, Perhaps WSR As well.

Teh Ending:
    you read the beginning, i made this as basically an Alternative to my class 122 suggestion, at least this one has more info on it.

My Main source of First Gen DMU Info: RAILCAR.co.uk

• Like Like x 2
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

They are a superb suggestion. I believe that they spent the majority of their lives on WR area services around Bristol and Cardiff.

3. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Last i checked they were meant for there but later on they started getting Distributed about the place

4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

The Class 124 sets (6 car 3+3 I think) were the original Transpennine dmu type and were later joined by ex Western Region Class 123 sets with both being withdrawn and scrapped around 1984ish. As for the Class 120s, their use on Transpennine must have been short and late in their lives. We desperately need some of these long distance first generation dmu types to improve the monotony of the Class 101 appearing on so many services.