Ntp Signals Clear On Hud Wrongly Depicted

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Trim, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Trim

Trim Active Member

After the 12:00 Leeds - Neville Hill ECS reverses at Whitehall Road, the disc signal controlling the route round to Engine Shed Junction remains at danger. It shows as clear in the HUD, but I'd rather like to play without the HUD. In any case, shouldn't the HUD show it as caution?
    upload_2020-1-25_15-58-24.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  2. Trim

Trim Active Member

Here's another one, a colour light this time: Manchester Victoria signal 64 (platform 6 starter). This picture is from the 16:04 departure, but the same thing happens with the 14:!5 and 19:34. Is it possible to play this game without the HUD?
    upload_2020-1-25_19-40-58.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

There is a service from Marsden to Leeds which starts from the Manchester bound platform. You're held at the platform to let an oil train past on it's way to Leeds.(Why?) When the oil train clears the section, the signal, which is a semaphore with no distant arm, remains at danger but the HUD changes to yellow. If you didn't have the HUD on, you'd never know it was ok to leave and follow the oil train.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Trim

Trim Active Member

Ah, I've bought the Heavy Freight expansion but then uninstalled it as I wanted to look more closely at the vanilla NTP timetable. I've just checked NTP without Heavy Freight and both Marsden starts have the signal showing clear, although there is an...ahem...interesting visual effect when you spawn directly to the train. Both down signals initially show clear, then they both go to danger, then the up line down starter clears - it looks very odd! I suppose all semaphores may initially be clear when you spawn in, but I hadn't noticed this before

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tonto62

There's definitely something odd going on in that signalbox.

6. Trim

Trim Active Member

Another disk. This time in the class 40 tutorial. It controls the exit from Hillhouse Sidings just north of Huddersfield. Since I've barely played with Heavy Freight, I have no idea whether this signal is encountered in any other situation. However, I'm now beginning to wonder whether any of the disk signals work.
    upload_2020-1-27_23-33-9.jpeg

Incidentally Tonto62 since I'm sure you will read this, do you know if the HUD next speed limit error leaving Darlington and turning onto the Tees Valley line has been reported? I find it difficult to search these forums for anything, but this is such an obvious error (50 in the HUD; 30 on the sign and 30 on the speedo after you pass the sign), that I would imagine every user of TVL must have noticed it (unless they have that bit of the HUD turned off - unlikely when starting out on a route, I would have thought), that I am surprised it wasn't fixed within days of being spotted. Okay, perhaps a few weeks, but there have certainly been updates since TVL was released, and this hasn't been fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tonto62

I'm not sure I know where you mean. The speed limits out of Darlington are 30, 125 briefly, 30,35,60. There is a bridge with a limit of 30 for goods, 60 for passenger but the HUD just gives 60 whatever you're driving. Then it's 30 after Dinsdale for the reverse curve and back to 60. I've no idea if it's been flagged up. I lost faith in the ticket system a while back.

8. Trim

Trim Active Member

It's the 30 after the 125, when you turn off the main line. When you enter the 125 the HUD gives the next limit as 50, at least it does in the PC version.

9. Tonto62

I'll have a look next time I'm there. Maybe it's being super accurate and that 50 mph speed limit is further down the East Coast main line which you are on at that point.

• Like Like x 1