PC Ntp: The Saturday Evening Ghost Train

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trim, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Trim

Trim Active Member

It is a common complaint that there aren't enough trains in the service timetables in TSW, that it would be good to have added AI trains that aren't avaiable for players to drive, going to off-route destinations, just to make the routes busier. Well, Northern Transpennine has one. What's more, it traverses almost the entire length of the line, and you can drive it too!

If you go to Leeds station at 19:25, you'll find the 6-car DMU in platform 8b that's just come back from Blackpool (so they say, but it went there and came back via Guide Bridge, so Llandudno seems a more likely destination to me). If you board it and sit in the driver's seat, you'll be told it leaves at 19:30, and if you press T you'll see the usual message asking you to alight here and please exit the vehicle, so of course the natural assumption is that it is going to York or Neville Hill or somewhere east.

However, if you set tail lamps at the east end of the train and get in the west end cab, you'll get given a yellow at 19:30, Curiously you'll only get a shunt signal at the east end of platform 8, but after that it's greens all the way to Stalybridge and beyond. It's rather a boring run, unfortunately - you're running behind the 19:21 loco-hauled Manchester, but that's a Huddersfield-only train so you've no chance of catching it. However, the lighting's pretty if you set summer clouds. At Stalybridge you take the Great Central, and you can only go about half a mile before it's game over, no points and no medals, but it's a nice enough way to spend an hour.

Can we have more of these please?

• Like Like x 7
  2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing that out. I've watched it leaving in the Manchester direction but assumed driving it was forbidden. Something new to do this evening!

3. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

That was fun. I didn't expect to get the feather at Ravensthorpe though! Went through the crossover at 30mph. Never been that way in the 101 before. Thanks again.

4. Trim

Trim Active Member

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that. :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

In ECW there is the a simular ghost train with an heritagetrain pulled and pushed from a 66 when you spawn around 12.35 at Lewes.

6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That’s the Railtour.

7. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

they did this for GWE - then it disappeared, although I think ECW has some (the 12 car sets)

portal AI is the name youre looking for.