Nwc (tfw) Scenario Issues 1d92 Euston - Holyhead

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Nick Y, May 4, 2022.

1. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

So, I have attempted this scenario twice now and both times I start with -1000 points when I have scoring turned on.
    When exiting the scenario and getting the debrief screen I get Op Error invalid consist. 20220504050311_1.jpg
    This is a default DTG scenario that came with the route and is one where you start outside the station and then have to detach half of the consist in the station.

2. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Have done that one myself and it worked fine. It is showing invalid consist have you edited the voyager in anyway with a mod or swapped it out for something else even a mod over the default. It works fine for me so looks like you have edited something your end.

3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I haven't edited anything at all. I have the AP weather and track packs and the JT Voyager packs but have not swapped anything out at all.
    It was definitely the default DTG career scenario as I do not know how to swap locos to better versions.

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I have no problems with this scenario.

Operational errors (-500) are caused by either:

- uncoupling the wrong car(s)
    - uncoupling at the wrong location

Pull up to Chester and stop exactly with your nose at the first red arrow. Uncouple the last 5 cars, then pull forward just a little to the second red arrow and let passengers board.

Looks like this after passenger boarding

2022-05-04 14_09_08-Train Simulator (x64).png

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

but I'm getting this op error right at the start as soon as the scenario loads up. It starts the scenario with -1000 before I've even turned the master key on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Your screenshot shows deduction at 20:22:14, which is when you're at Chester. Scenario starts at 20:20:00. Can you provide a screenshot directly at scenario start?

7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I think I've found something.

Do you have both North Wales Coastal {00000077-0000-0000-0000-00000000201}
    and North Wales Coast Line (TfW) {00000086-a000-0000-0000-0000000020}?

The reason is this scenario exists in two versions, one with the Virgin 221, the other with the Avanti 221. Both scenarios have the same GUID - this is where things can get messy if you have both routes installed. The scenario ID is {bf4655ef-79e4-4895-a98c-813b81052bb7}

When I select this scenario in original North Wales Coastal, the route image switches to NWC (TfW).

Duplicate scenario IDs are bound for causing trouble... and this one is not mentioned in the TfW manual. So DTG just copied the scenario over instead of adjusting a cloned version... not good! Appearently you've found the only one that's duplicate. I've compared the contents of NWC, NWC-CreweHolyhead, NWCL(TfW)

Solution is to clone one of them to give it a new ID, then deleting the original. I will remove the one from the TfW pack, then delete SDBCache.bin to rectify the database. This should help in your case, too.

2022-05-04 16_10_38-.png

DTG Jamie please have a look at this. Even if those scenarios are different (rolling stock) there must not be two scenarios sharing the same GUID ever!

• Like Like x 1
  8. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

So what I did was - clone the TfW scenario, then delete the scenario from the MainContent.ap. (7zip recommended)
    Delete Content\SDBCache.bin.

Try if that sorts out your issue.

Note that a cloned scenario won't award you career XP... To get around that you'll have to decide which one to delete. You can backup one and delete the other one to score on both versions though. Then repeat the same procedure for the second version.

Edit: Scoring on one of each automatically awards you score on the second one. So TS does not even care for the route ID when it comes to scoring - only the scenario ID is submitted. I hadn't played the Virgin version but now I've got a golden star there :D

9. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I do have both versions of NWC but the older one (Virgin and Arriva) doesn't have the Llandudno to Holyhead extension.
    I have no idea how to clone scenarios etc.

10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Then I have a second (easy) option for you. Temporarily remove the original North Wales Coastal DLC by unticking it in Steam Library -> Train Simulator (right click) -> Properties... -> DLC

Untick "Train Simulator: North Wales Coastal Route Add-On"

Then play the TfW scenario. Let me know if this has fixed your issue. You can then retick original NWC again if you wish to.

2022-05-04 17_23_04-Steam.png

11. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Thanks torfmeister for your input.
    It does indeed seem to swap the images when you try to load it in the old NWC route so DTG made a boo boo and forgot to rename the scenario when the new version was brought out.

12. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Not to rename it but to clone it. Scenario names can be duplicate - but not the ID. So can you play the scenario normally now with old NWC disabled?

13. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I haven't tried yet. I will next time I play TSC. I guess it doesn't matter which one I untick as the scenario should still be in either version.

14. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

To check if the TfW scenario works you should untick NWC. Then we have this sorted.

15. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Great to offer help and the thread starter quits...

16. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Sorry, I've been busy so haven't had much time to come here or play TSC.
    I did as you suggested and removed NWC (the Arriva and Virgin one) and the scenario appeared twice in the TfW one.
    It did however work correctly this time and both are now completed so I can reinstall the older route for the other scenarios.

17. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Torf
    I thought that following the introduction of the .ap files structure remove meant that duplicate numbered scenarios would no longer cause an issue in different routes. For one thing, the checksum files are different for these 3 NWC routes. - I could be wrong!
    These 2 scenario files with the same GUID number bf4655ef-79e4-4895-a98c-813b81052bb7 have different sizes on disk (so are not exact duplicates) - the NWC version is 0.28MB and the TfW is 0.34MB - so not sure why DTG retained the same GUID number.

18. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

No, Peter, the .ap file structure does allow you to have a copy of a scenario in the same route folder outside, which supersedes the .ap contents. That's where for example your save games go as TS cannot write to the ap, or where I put modified scenario.bins for broken scenarios which I fix.

But never two same GUIDs for different routes or scenarios - you see what happens. It makes scenarios disappear from the Drive menu or showing up in other locations - the -1000 starting score is something I wasn't expecting but I knew where I had to look for in Nick Y 's case.

For TfW, DTG did clone all NWC/Holyhead scenarios and swapped rolling stock, it's just this one scenario they worked on an a copy instead of a clone. Small mistakes - big effects.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2022
  19. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation.