Nyc Subway B/d Trains (6 Ave Express)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Nov 18, 2020.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Route
    The B Train is a Subway Line in NYC. It operates at all times (except weekends) between 145 St in Manhattan, to Brighton Beach in Brooklyn. During Rush Hours, it is extended to Bedford Park Blvd in The Bronx.

The D Train is a Subway Line in NYC. It operates at all times from Norwood - 205 St in The Bronx, to Coney Island - Stilwell Av in Brooklyn. During Rush Hours, it runs Express (Peak Direction) in The Bronx.

D Trains run local in Brooklyn During Late Nights.

Since it wouldn't be used in-game, you could have some D trains running local (signed as an N) in Brooklyn so things won't look deserted. You can also have some B Trains (Signed as A Q) running local in Brooklyn.

[​IMG]
    B Train Map
    [​IMG]
    D Train Map

Notable Locations
    Brighton Beach
    [​IMG]

The Southern terminus of the B Train. It has 4 tracks.

Coney Island - Stilwell Av
    [​IMG]

The Southern Terminus of the D Train. It has Multiple tracks and connects with multiple other lines here.

Manhattan Bridge
    [​IMG]

Both the B and D Trains go over the manhattan bridge.

Concourse Yard
    [​IMG]

The Main yard of the B/D Trains. After Leaving Bedford Park, the tracks split off into this yard.\

Conductors
    The NYC Subway (including the L Train), has conductors that accompany the operators. The conductor will open and close doors at each station, make announcements, and sometimes they do yard duties. At each station, the conductor will point at a Black and White Striped board and unlock the doors. After the conductor closes and locks the doors, they must look out the window for at least 75 Ft.

[​IMG]
    The conductor board.

Countdown Clocks
    The B and D have two different types of countdown clocks. The simple one, used in Upper Manhattan and Harlem, and the Actual Informative ones, used in different places. (The MTA needs to get that sorted out). At certain intervals (3 mins) and when the train is approaching, there is an announcement.

Simple: The next uptown train is now arriving, on the Express Track, please stand away from the platform edge.
    New: The next Express D Train to Norwood - 205 St is Approaching the station, please stand away from the platform edge. The next Express D Train to Norwood - 205 St will arrive in 4 minutes. The next train is now arriving on Track 1, please stand away from the platform edge, this is the last stop on this train.

[​IMG]
    Simple Countdown Clock
    [​IMG]
    Newer style countdown clock.

Rolling Stock
    The B/D Trains use two different types of rolling stock, the R68, and R68A. They run in two 4 car sets, making a full 8 car train. These trains are very similar to each other. I can't tell the difference (Minus the Brakes, Numbers, and the Cab Door)

[​IMG]
    R68
    [​IMG]
    R68A

R68 Ride

R68A Ride

[​IMG]
    The cab. The brake handle is missing in this picture.

Conclusion
    These lines would be a good addition to TSW. Especially with the Unique service pattern of the B and D Trains.

• Like Like x 11
  2. alan.bwayo

alan.bwayo New Member

Gotta agree. This would be nice!

3. Justin Navarro

Justin Navarro Member

im all for this amazing idea

• Like Like x 1
  4. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

This ones a fairly interesting route for sure! It's one that I've ridden on irl, and if I have to be honest, this is an easy 2nd pick for me, right behind the A Line in terms for NYC Subway routes.
    Just like the A Line, this would offer both underground and overground portions, with some interesting points of interest. The run time (please correct me if I'm wrong), is somewhere around 90 minutes end-to-end, with about 36 stations being serviced. Theres both local and express services, depending on time of day, so there's quite a bit of variety going on!

In terms of gameplay, controlling the R68 stock should be incredibly straightforward and easy. The challenging bit would be trying to stick to the timetable while making very frequent stops...which would be further compounded if they can manage to put a lot of traffic on this route.
    Going over the Manhattan Bridge and arriving at Coney Island would surely be the highlights for this route. Apart from all of that, the downside would be that there's no expansion opportunities for this route. As it is right now, the old R68 stocks are still running, and to my knowledge they aren't going away anytime soon.

Still, it might be worth taking a look at!

5. ZeenozPlays

The real challenging part of controlling the R68’s is going over the Manhattan Bridge. The R68’s don’t have much power. But yeah, I’d also choose the A over this, but it was suggested a while back so I went for (a) different line.

6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This would be a great route. I use the d train when i head to coney island

• Like Like x 2
  7. taperrnoux

taperrnoux New Member

With partial A, C, E, F, M, N, Q, R lines

8. ZeenozPlays

No, we do not want partial lines.

9. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member