Nyc Subway System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lasf, Aug 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Lasf

Lasf New Member

I know this has most likely been discussed before but, I feel like the Subway System in NYC would be an amazing feature if it was added. Even if it’s only one line for a while, I have a feeling it would just make a bunch more people play the game. A lot of people love the NYC Subway system and there’s pretty much no good games about you. If you’re the first it would just make everyone come to you

• Like Like x 2
  2. dah_benguu

dah_benguu Member

I've seen this before but they never fail to stress the desire for this idea in the game, as well as subway systems in other busy cities San Francisco's under/overground Metro line.Is there a specific line or area you would like to be in the game?

3. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I don't remember how many lines it has but the MTA would be able to work with them since there is LIRR & metro north.I would rather see some IRT trains

• Like Like x 1
  4. Justin Navarro

Justin Navarro Member

agreed 10000000000000000%

• Like Like x 1
  5. g-stallard

g-stallard New Member

Would love to see a NY subway route, my preference would be the IRT numbered lines, maybe the 1/2/3 or 7, using the R62/R62/A cars

• Like Like x 1
  6. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

As a European I have to tell you, and I rode quite a few subway systems in the past including the NYC one back in '99, I don't care that it's the largest, the longest or whatever, it is awful. It's ugly, dirty, hot, loud, old and so on. And confusing. So unnecessary confusing. With the worst map ever. I really don't get why you would have that simulated.
    But that's just me.
    Also, from another thread:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The 7 Train would be great. Nice balance of underground and above ground action.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SgtBreadSt1ck

SgtBreadSt1ck Active Member

That is 99 though. The trains are somewhat cleaner now, the trains aren’t an oven and they look nice. System just needs more maintenance.

9. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Honestly, they really should do the A line! Multiple train types, express and local services, tunnel and outside segments, three southern terminals. And it's also a famous line (there's even a song called "take the A train" lol). And not gonna lie, out of all the lines I was a conductor on, the A was always my favorite (and the train I use to commute).

10. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Well, that sound at least semi-interesting.

11. smslomka

smslomka New Member

An NYC Transit Line especially on a above elevated line would be interesting.

I live in Brooklyn and we have very few but a number of interesting lines above ground..

12. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Balance? The 7 is 80% above ground.

13. Justin Navarro

Justin Navarro Member

yes as of now in 2020 the MTA in NewYorkCityTransit have been improving tremendously and the MTA have been fixing many stations and many new trains are in production and will arrive in New York City at the end of 2020 so if you think about it its not that bad. then you have so small issues like it being to lot which is because its one of the the busiest transit system in the world with over 450 stations and over 25 different routes from 1-7 and A-Z so theres that but if you don't like It that totally fine but many other people would love to see this come to life in TSW 2

• Like Like x 1
  14. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I live along thr line in the furthest part of queens. The line transverses the Jamaica bay. At full speed, it's a 6 minute trip between two stops (Jfk airport and broad channel? Then another four to five to the next stop. During this part, it goes over two draw bridges and is basically a straightaway. With level track (except going over the bridges and climbing on the viaduct within Rockaway). Trains run express in Brooklyn and Manhattan except overnights when it runs local all the way.