Nycta L Train (circa 2007)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lords_75, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Lords_75

Lords_75 Member

My route suggestion for DTG is the L train from the New York Cty Subway. However, an older route from 2007 would be better. Seeing as today, the L train is automatic, it would be dumb to make it today. Back in 2007, the L was not automatic and this was also the time where the L had the most rolling Stock. It had the R42, R143, and R160A. The L train is 24 stops and takes about 36 minutes to do the full route. Most services go from Eight Av, 14th street in Manhatten to Rockaway Parkway in Brooklyn, with a few services in the night time only going to E 105th st. The L train runs 24hrs, but I do not expect Dovetail to do all services. The L has 10.5 stations underground and 13.5 stations overground/ street level. The reason that there is a half overground/ underground station is because of Wilson Av. The Northbound platforms are overground (right next to a graveyard) and the southbound platforms are underground (right under the northbound tracks. Wierd.) There is also some history on the L. From Wilson av- New Lots Av, it runs Parallel to abandon railway tracks, which connect to the NEC and BMT Sea Beach Line. Making to route some-what historic is not going to be that hard, as the only thing the change from 2007 was the Addition of CBTC equipment and the tunnel that runs under the East River. I will provide a link to the NYC track map and pictures of the R42, R143, and R160 Below. Please Dovetail, consider this as we have been asking for an NYC route since the game came out.

https://www.vanshnookenraggen.com/_index/docs/NYC_full_trackmap.pdf

[​IMG] R42 L train

[​IMG] R160 L train

[​IMG]
    R143 L train (the main type of equipment used for the L)

• Like Like x 2
  2. SgtBreadSt1ck

SgtBreadSt1ck Active Member

YES! L TRAIN. DO IT DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I rather have it set in modern day. 2021-2022 or beyond, Not 2007. Also you can turn the automations of the train off so I don't see how setting it with the cbtc would be a dumb idea.