Oakville Dlc Track Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Northlander, May 14, 2020.

1. Northlander

Northlander Guest

Any chance this will be fixed in the Oakville DLC? I've ran into the same track glitch as Matt did during his stream...the problem is this track doesn't show on the 2D map so you would think it wouldn't affect you, and neither does the switch to change direction from the map. You can tell this isn't right as the track doesn't cross the road correctly, and there are no signal for the traffic. I can live with the visual glitch/unfinished nature of this section of track, but I think the switch to allow us to drive that way should be removed altogether as it's clearly a dead area of the yard that we shouldn't be able to drive on in the first place. The only workaround is when starting the scenario, change the switch before doing anything else from the Engineer's first person view

2. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I ran into this same issue as well a few days back, and was actually getting ready to open up a ticket for it.

It looks like when they recently removed much of the inaccessible sections of track in the route map for Hamilton Explorer, they also removed this section of inaccessible track and the switch that controls access to it from the map as well (even though the switch exists and still functions in Explorer). To make matters worse, that switch is set by default at the start of Hamilton Explorer to direct trains the wrong way onto this section of dead-end track- instead of directing trains to the section of track leading towards the yard Matt intended to go to.

And I also discovered another short section of track not shown on the map anymore that really is needed and is used to access the small yard to the east with all of the CN hoppers. This section of track *is* still in place in Explorer, but you’d never know it by looking at the route map. Hate to say this, but this is yet another example of sloppy changes and poor testing, that should be catching issues like this long before they ever reach paying customers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

At what point of the video is the glitch in?

4. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...start watching at 1:54:40 into the video. Clearly Matt was surprised by what happened- so was I when I first ran into this issue.

5. Northlander

Northlander Guest

The derail... There was nothing on the 2D map to show you would go that way as it only gives you one switch to change, but in the actual game world there's a double switch and it's the second one that is set to take you across the road that is out of bounds (and when you see it in game, glitched anyway) I'm surprised even after that stream they didn't look at that part of the map and fix it