PlayStation Oakville Hud Brakes Not Releasing

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Lamplight, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The HUD of the preserved GP9 and GP38-2 on Oakville seems to have a problem with the brakes. Whenever you release the brakes, the HUD tells you that there‘s still 0.3 or 0.4 psi in the cylinders. It appears to only be a visual bug as I did not notice any decrease in performance. Happenes on all services and scenarios I tried.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i have noticed this as well. one other thing when i did a tutorial where we had to move the oil tanks, i thought the brakes have not come off them as well. i tried everything to get all the air out. but i still noticed the air still in the cylinders. i moved the tank but they were screeching as though air was still in them

3. Hoghead1976

Hoghead1976 New Member

Your PCS is stuck on when this happens. This both cuts off power response from the throttle & the automatic will remain in emergency, regardless of automatic brake handle position.
    To reset PCS, isolate the unit (using start/stop/isolate switch on back bulkhead of the cab, set to isolate), open up the electrical cabinet (NEVER open the electrical cabinet without isolating the unit first, due to risk of electrocution, from the 600 volts of juice flowing through it), set the “warning devices” switch to off (open), wait a few seconds & switch it back to on (closed) again. Close the electrical cabinet & put the unit back on-line (isolation switch back to “run”). This will reset the PCS, you should be able to release the automatic, have throttle response once again & be on your way.

This seems to be a DTG glitch, as it normally occurs when light engines are coupled to cars. The PCS normally comes on when trains/engines are either dumped into emergency by the Engineer, or after an undesired emergency application. The Engineer then has to reset the PCS afterwards & then recover his air by releasing the automatic.