Xbox Oakville Subdivision Maple Leaf Motoring

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by peterg1002612, Oct 28, 2020.

1. peterg1002612

peterg1002612 Member

i can't the gp9rm to move after i have connected to the second autorack when it say's to go to go via burlington i have released all of the brakes but it just won't move

2. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

On PC but I've had this issue. Were you a bit over enthusiastic with your speed when you coupled up?

I had to uncouple and re couple to get the train to move. I've had this happen a few times on this route, always seems to be after I've been a bit rough when attaching to the wagons

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  3. peterg1002612

peterg1002612 Member

no i coupled up at 0.5mph i will try recouple again

4. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...this is exactly the fix for this issue- simply uncouple from the set of cars and couple back up to them. I usually couple up at around 1mph (no faster than 2mph), and even at those slow speeds I had trouble moving the train about 25% of the time after initially coupling up. This is also a known TSW 2020 bug to DTG, and according to Matt (said in a livestream awhile ago now) the devs were having a hard time tracking down the source of the problem because it only happens occasionally.

Some add’l info (listing this for folks that don’t already know):

This issue centers around not getting enough pressure in the brake pipe at the rear of the train (89-90psi) to release the brakes on the second set of cars. Check the Head-of-Train device in the cab after releasing the train brake to see the reported brake pressure from the EOT device at the back of the train- it might read something like 68-74psi after initially coupling up, and this won’t be enough BP pressure to release the brakes. After coupling up a second time, the BP at the rear of the train then reads the expected 89-90psi which will then release the brakes for this set of cars.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Thanks Stockton,. Interesting, If I get this issue again I will check the ETOD

6. peterg1002612

peterg1002612 Member

thanks for all your help

7. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Bump for TrainSim-Adam since his team will be focusing on OSD the next weeks.

8. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

The preservation team should also take a look at all the shunting services named Y9xx, as most of them (or all maybe, I didn't check) can only be finished with a gold medal by mindlessly driving back and forth just to accumulate AP's.

And of course, there's still the issue with the welcoming voice-over in the route introduction which punishes my ears with French... ;-)

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1