PC Oakville Subdivision - My Take

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Schnauzahpowahz, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

The more time I spent with this route today, the more I enjoyed it. I didn't have high hopes being a switching centric route

I've always enjoyed the NEC freight moves over CSXHH which is what OSD is similar too. No you can't access a lot of the areas and spurs, but neither can you in...
    MSB
    TVL

sweet that its: Canadian, non boring mountain pass, unique engine (gp9rm), plenty of local jobs - long or short, new ethanol loading mechanic, massive industry and city scenery

sour that its: same railcars diff paints, no passenger svc (yet?) with modeled stations, inaccessible spurs and lines, poor reused sounds

The meat is in the timetabled mode for me. I enjoy shorter local switching (NOT yard switching) and slightly underpowered engines for such tasks, quicker jobs.

If I had to rate now i'd say 6/10

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Your take, is great. I agree with your pros and cons, but I also love the fact that it is all freight services. I’m glad the stations are modeled because for some reason going 60mph past a passenger station in a freight train is one of my favorite things. I also enjoy having a slightly underpowered unit for the job and I enjoy the local switching.

• Like Like x 8