1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oakville Subdivision Red Lights...

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Matzo, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

First service of journey mode... Got stuck at a red light just after Bronte. Save & load having no effect. Not good DTG, the.first.service.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I think I’ve reached this Red now. 4.2 miles from Oakville yard?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TinTin_57

Ok this red does clear but after around 25 mins

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

That's the one, I wouldn't even mind a 25 minute wait if there was just some sort of feedback from the game when contacting the controller other than "Denied: No route available"

5. TinTin_57

Yeah I actually got bored and went to make a cup of tea, came back and saw the light change!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dagrynn

Dagrynn Member

WOW, I am SO glad I looked through these forums. I was stopped at that light and was ready 2 ditch the journey until I read this. I agree there needs 2 b some message in the simulation just to make u aware of what is happening.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Whilst a 25 min wait at a signal is perfectly realistic, it's not exactly conducive to enjoyable gameplay. Red signals add interest to a scenario, as the player has to drive to restrictive aspects on approach as well as bring the train to a stand and start it again; A two or three minute wait should be the most, any longer and the player will get bored and start to question the integrity of the game.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Mine lasted less than 10 minutes. I got out of the train and walked around. :)

9. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Completely agree. Realistic or not, it's borderline disrespectful of a player's time to include 25 minutes of red light waiting on a route with no feedback. Sure you can have a walk about, but to not even have a message to indicate how long that wait might be is poor.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

According to the CROR, if it has a "R" plate you can pass it at restricted speed. Problem is you flunk the scenario. I flagged this to DTG. This has to be fixed so it's inline.

25 minutes? I've heard worse stories in real life, one of them being a crew moved a train all of about 10ft and 12 hours later, being relieved by another crew.

• Like Like x 1