Odd-ball/equipment Packs.

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by DKSspeed, Nov 30, 2022.

1. DKSspeed

DKSspeed Member

I don't usually make a post on the forums but I thought about something that could be different and unique for everybody. I'm not sure if someone already created a thread of these suggestion but I would like to suggest DLC packs of the following below. Each one would 1. Create new scenarios for the workshop 2. Be a completely different and/or new experience to TSC.

1. Office Car Special
    2. Geometric Train sets.
    3. Maintenance Of Way equipment
    4. Odd/Unique train cars or sets

Office Car Special
    As most would know, an Office Car Special (OCS) is a railroad business train made up of private company cars to transport executives of that company via rails. All Class 1 RRs and some shortlines RRs carry an office car special. Some railroads have specially painted engines set to only pull such train like CSX, formally NS, KCS, and some others.

Geometric Train (Geo Train, Geometry Train)
    A geometric train is an automated track inspection vehicle used for measurement and inspection of tracks. Multiple railroads have a one or multiple train sets roaming around, For example, Norfolk Southern has 2 known sets, one is nicknamed "The Brick" and the other set is a rebuilt from an engine.

Maintenance of Way
    There are various sets and different type of railroad maintenance equipment out there, some small, some big. There are also train sets such as track equipment on flatcars, cars marked MoW (Like special/modified boxcars, camp cars, gondolas filled with ties, etc..) specialized trains to carry rail, ballast trains, and some others.

Odd/Unique Train Cars or Sets
    The odd ball cars or sets will get your attention quickly but has a purpose. Some examples for 'out of the norm' stuff would the Amtrak Ice train, First Responders training cars (CSX and Norfolk Southern as examples), Wreaked/damaged equipment on a flat car, and whatever else that stands out from the rest.

Each of these suggestion could create a new ball field as it is different and does not usually follows the norm of TSC. I hope to see such suggestion in the future as it is needed to bring more light to the game.

Thank you for reading!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

A Roadrailer consist would be a great addition to an NS route or perhaps a new Conrail route.

3. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

I think the C39-8 on the Steam store has some Roadrailers included, but they cause the game to crash for some unknown reason.

4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I think you are confused, this suggestion is for TSC, not TSW. In TSC we don't have to worry about any of that stupid stuff cause there is the freedom of the scenario editor.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

UP runs solid rocket boosters from a facility near Ogden (actually, it's close to Promontory Point) to the midwest US where NS (or maybe CSX) takes over and runs the rocket boosters to Florida and NASA. The train operates over both the Wasatch grade and Sherman Hill. For a photo example of this train, see Lionel Trains' website and look up the rocket booster train. It's pretty cool, and should be added to TSC or TSW3. For powering the train, DTG should include a UP AC4400CW, AC6000CW, ES44AC, ET44AC, or maybe an SD70ACe-T4. Plus, the crew passenger car could include a full interior.

I also want a crane car that could be operated by players. The crane car could be part of a work train DLC pack that also includes a few MoW cars. Obviously, there would have to be German, UK, and US versions of the MoW train developed.

6. DKSspeed

DKSspeed Member

I forgot about the rocket boosters! Definitely is a unique train!

I also thought about Scale test cars, Heavy duty flat cars, Schnabel car, and Military Nuclear loads that would be great to create.