Of Shunters And Pride

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Overland, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Overland

Overland New Member

[​IMG]
    A repainted BR Blue 03 from doncaster with Isle of Wight carriages - Middleton Railway Coop
    I come from Kerbal Space Program where it was once my railway simulation of choice - Free from the rails with diesel electric land trains... something was missing though.. not just the rails.
    the explosions, losing entire trains.. it was a train but.. not in the way I longed for,

had MSTS, Infact I built a PC for it back in the day but microsofts execution of it was.. lacking,
    also owned Rail Simulator back in the day too but could never get into it..

eyed and hated Railworks etc for years.. actually somewhat disgusted at the DLC, it always seemed to polute my steam list when I was looking for games, simulators on special mostly

I happened to see doncaster DLC on youtube once that pushed me into the interested territory..over the years though I forgot about it

when I was 5, an 03 shunter from bachmann was my best friend in the world.. although the model itself is long gone, victim of many young repaints and disassembly.. the memory of it never left me all these years

on my 37th birthday looking for soemthing meaningful to buy

I purchased Train Simulator - UK edition despite not liking anything british
    and with it on the same day, same minute.. purchased doncaster DLC..
    never touched doncaster route and instantly put on 2 carriages - heading over the horizon on W&T

3rd run after I purchased 2017

ive never looked back..
    today I lovingly drive 03s on middleton-banard branchline as part of an alternate reality where the line was preserved by a cooperative.. the lines grew its own culture from that

I repaint things to fit into the ever progressing vision that is a self funded branchline immune to the beeching axe and pulse of a community surrounding the line

they might be just shunters to some.. and this branchline just a speck on the grand distances of the W&T.. but the two represent for me something im very proud to be a part of :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. TrainSim-Martin

TrainSim-Martin Well-Known Member

Hey Overland,

Man I wish I had more time for the forums exactly because of posts like this one. It's great to know a bit more about you and why you're playing the game.

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

• Like Like x 2