Off The Rails Timetable Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mattty May, Jan 21, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

When running a service on the timetable, you currently:
    1. Select the route
    2. Select Explore
    3. Select Timetable
    4. Select Train
    5. Select Weather
    6. Select Service
    When selecting the train, all of the trains available, or enabled for the selected route are shown.

What I’m suggesting is that in addition to these trains, an ‘Off The Rails’ option is available. Selecting this option would then give you a list of every train in the game, which you can then use rather than the intended trains for the route.

This would allow us to run any train on any route (timetable services only), so for example you could run a Class 166 on East Coastway instead of the 377/313 but still complete the services.

AI trains shouldn’t be substituted (unless you maybe select an additional option to do so). This way, you can run your preferred trains on your preferred routes, whilst still having all of the AI trains running as usual.

Would you like this functionality in the game?

• Like Like x 6
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

It's been suggested many times before, and I'm trying to figure out why it isn't already a feature. There must be an issue with clipping of the trains or something that's breaking the timetable.

I would love to have this feature. I want to run the 377 as a replacement for the 166 on GWR, or the 423 as a replacement for the 422 on RRO/HRR.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

This is a feature that I'd definitely like to see. It'd make making scenarios so much easier if you just wanted to run a different train to a timetable, as I sometimes do.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yes then at least when you stop to pick up passengers some will get on (well, debatable on PS4) and you get the points for it/credit towards trophies etc

• Like Like x 1
  5. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Please give us this option DTG.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yes please. Having such a feature would mean setting up a drive is as easy as Train Simulator's Quick Drive mode, with the advantages of TSW's timetable mode.

• Like Like x 3