Offer A Discount For People Who Own Part Of A Larger Route.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Larwood, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Larwood

Larwood New Member

There are many examples of routes on the store that have 2 versions, with 1 just being an extended version of the other. Things like North London Line vs North London & Goblin, Chatham Main Line vs Chatham Main & Medway Valley, or South Wales Coastal vs South Wales Coastal: Bristol to Swansea.

In each of these cases you can't buy the extension on its own. In each case, there's no indication at all in the description of the shorter route that you could spend a bit more to get a bigger route, which feels kind of scummy. I would like to buy the extra parts to the routes I already have, but there is no way in hell I'm going to pay the whole price to effectively get the same route twice. Offer me a way to get the complete route for a reduced price and you'll have my money.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Actually in the last sale I tried to buy Chatham & Medway but Steam blocked me as I already own Chatham.

It would make more sense, given the passage of time, for DTG just to list the extended routes and transfer over customers from the old versions.

• Like Like x 2
  3. wolvestrains

wolvestrains Member

How much difference is there between North London Line vs North London & Goblin. If the first was 1/3 of the price of the second, which is better value.

4. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

All the routes that were extended by DTG were sold at a very reduced price for owners of the originals upon release of the newer versions. Unfortunately the reduced price was removed after a period of time.
    I think it would be better if the old versions were just removed from sale so that new comers won't get confused and waste their money.

• Like Like x 2