Old Dlc In Need Of Attention

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by pschlik, Jan 18, 2018.

1. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Looking around the DLC list, I found some particularly old DLC that is not up to modern standards but is still at full modern price and not part of the TS Classics collection. Hopefully gathering up these oldies can get them added to the classics, because at their current price, these are not good deals. (Note: there are plenty of old DLC that are not in classics, but have had a price reduction as if they were part of classics. Those are not in need of attention.)

Oldest to Newest...
    Train Simulator: Rascal & Cottonwood Route Add-On
    A very old route that is definitely due being part of the classics range, definitely not up to modern standards, nor worth $25 for 20 miles of track.

Train Simulator: Colton & Northern Route Add-On
    Another All Aboard route, in similar vein to the R & C, is old and not in the spotlight, but is still $25 for 20 miles and 20 scenarios.

Train Simulator: Fort Kent to Eagle Lake Route Add-On
    The third and probably highest quality All Aboard DLC, but at 20 miles once more and at 8 years old, it is not a $20 DLC.

Train Simulator: Bristol-Exeter Route Add-On
    Classic UK route that has somewhat unfortunately faded into obscurity over the last few years, likely due to the $30 price tag associated with such an aged route.

Train Simulator: Class 455 EMU Add-On
    A classic loco barely used anymore, with a price tag of $20, as if it were just released. Most similar DLC of this time are only $9.

P42DC Genesis Add-On
    Now, this is not one that needs to be added to the classics, but rather one that needs to be hidden from public view on the Steam store. This can't be bought and has been replaced by the P42DC Empire Builder, so the leftover store page is not useful.

Train Simulator: Ohio Steel 2 Route Add-On
    Wow, I did not realize how old Ohio Steel 2 is...and I remember Ohio Steel 1! Much like the other All Aboard routes, it's priced at $25, but it is much better. As much as the others may be worth only $10, this could do with $15.

RailWorks BNSF Dash 9 Pack
    Another DLC that can be located on the store, but cannot be bought, and has been replaced, so is a waste of store space.

Train Simulator: ScotRail Class 380 EMU Add-On
    Another very old unit still set to the original $20 price. That $20 would definitely be more wisely spent on a newer DLC that fits in with more routes.

Train Simulator: Class 325 EMU Add-On
    I don't think I have ever seen this obsure DLC in action. And despite its age and limited potential of use, it is $7 more expensive than the route it has scenarios for! This is definitely a $4 DLC like Diamond Jubilee is.

Train Simulator: Union Pacific SD70Ace Loco Add-On
    This one is confusing...considering the SD70 volume 2 pack (this is volume 1) is in the classics range and priced down to $9, surely such a closely related DLC should be at the same price...but this is not in the classics range and still carries the $20 price tag it released with.

Train Simulator: Southern Pacific Cab Forward Loco Add-On
    A very interesting and unique steamer, but due to its age, it surely belongs in the classics. At $20, it is as expensive as its parent route, Donner Pass.

RailWorks Class 57 Add-on
    Another store page that exists despite there being no buy button on the page and the DLC having an updated version. Except the updated version does not have the Advenza Freight 57...how odd.

Train Simulator: PRR Baldwin Centipede Loco Add-On
    This oldie does not compare at all to some of Reppo's new work, like the E33, but it is more expensive than the E33 at $25. That's not quite right.

Train Simulator: DB ICE 2 EMU Add-On
    Another more obscure DLC...when is the last time you drove the ICE2? Still at full price though, and times have changed since this came out.

(Around this point, DLC turned from mostly Classics to mostly normal series. So it gets a lot harder to say for sure what should be price cut and what's here is probably a lot more of my opinion than actual worthyness of classicness.)

Train Simulator: Southern Pacific GS-4 Loco Add-On
    Train Simulator: NKP S-2 Class 'Berkshire' Loco Add-On
    Train Simulator: SP&S E-1 Class 'Northern' Loco Add-On
    The G-Trax steamers do show as released after 2012 ended, but they truthfully came out earlier and got a touched up Steam page (though I don't think the locomotives themselves ever got a touch up.) The age shows on them and they are not very useful. Probably time to move them to classics.

Train Simulator: PRR Alco RS11 Loco Add-On
    The HSC is a classic, so the DLC released in its time are due of classic status as well. Besides, this poor loco gets no attention. Maybe it would at a price more reflective of its age.

Train Simulator: SD40-2 Independence Loco Add-On
    Considering most other SD40-2 DLC around this time (as in, the Marias Pass ones) were put down to the $9 range classics (then merged with other BNSF DLC) this one is also due a downgrade. It's so situational anyway, I don't suspect many will pay $20 for the limited gameplay and old model offered.

There do continue to be some 'classics' after there, but I feel that a lot of those 'classics' are still ones worth full price (seriously, you should be milking Pacific Surfliner) and the only ones I would say are not worth full price would be for situations other than 'I consider this one a classic,' but rather for reasons along the lines of 'nobody uses this, it's too situational, it's probably not worth that price.'

So, hopefully some of these were just missed when the crew put the classic hammer down, and they might find more life in old age as part of the classic family.

• Like Like x 9
  2. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

I agree with you, pschlik.
    And what about the old 170? The one in the Academy, features cab lights, night and marker-only lights, but the old one has never been updated to also have these features. And the 166? The interior of the NSE 166 still looks like first, with the 5 Cam and when you just look inside. I also think that some add-ons are in desperate need of updates.

3. Edelplastic

Edelplastic New Member

In this Case i would say: The whole Train Simulator is a Bug ^^

4. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Well, I wouldn't go THAT far...

5. buzz4567

buzz4567 Member

Trolling much?

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

There are 2 other routes which could use some fixing up both routes have floating signals
    Solider Summit
    Canadian Mountain Pass

7. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not talking about things that need updating...this list would include most DLC if that was the case. I'm talking about DLC that need price reductions due to their age. I don't expect DTG to go back and change anything inside the DLC, only things on the Steam Store.

8. Michael Newbury

i agree with you pschlik that there is outdated content on the steam store that is really not worth that price and should be reduced in cost. But it also never hurts to point out other issues with routes/content.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Everything is over priced.

10. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Passed this onto the relevant guys, definitely some stuff in there that is worth us looking into.

Massively appreciate you putting this together for us by the way, we'll keep you updated on any further actions :)

- Jay

• Like Like x 2
  11. kirkyboi101

kirkyboi101 New Member

I have an issue with the south London route add on every time I want to go onto career mode and try one of the scenarios it loads and then does a file dump and then crashes the game. I’m just very glad I bought this on sale and not rrp at £14.99. Any suggestions or comments greatly appreciated.

12. Michael Newbury

One suggestion for you, right click on train simulator then select properties. From there select the local files tab and run verify integrity of game files. This should find anything that is possibly missing and giving you this issue.

13. kirkyboi101

kirkyboi101 New Member

No luck but thanks for the advice I guess I just won't be able to complete 3 of these scenario's it's more annoying than anything else but I'm sure I will live with it. ;0

14. Michael Newbury

It was worth a try I know it has resolved I have had with TSxx, I would suggest sending a ticket to dovetail support they will probably be able to resolve it. Good luck never give up.

15. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

And in the 166, when you're in the passenger view, you can't hear the engine, only the horn (not dampened), and the clickety-clacking of the tracks. No engine sound, whatsoever. Now, don't get me wrong, I really like the 166, and what you've done with it, like the announcements, but please, fix this. I'd appreciate it. Many thanks!

16. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

The South London route is very demanding because of the heavy urban area it is trying to represent - turn down your graphic sliders a notch and then the route should load.

17. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I would. There's so much wrong with this game that I'd pretty much just consider the whole game as one big bug. I expect much better quality for the outrageous prices they charge for their content.

• Like Like x 1