Omsi/omsi 2 Level Pis

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by james#6343, Mar 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. james#6343

james#6343 Member

I would love to see TSW2’s PIS system become as intricate as OMSI (2)s. With modern trains requiring a drivers code, pin and route number etc. (Obviously adapted to however the system works in the train IRL) and make it so that the AI will only get in trains that have their destination board set to the destination the AI are wanting to travel to.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Add a photo as I don’t really know what you mean

3. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

OMSI is a bus simulator. The system simulated in OMSI is the IBIS system found in almost all german busses and trams. PIS systems on trains differ quite from those. But I agree with the concept of entering the train number in the PIS rather than scrolling through a long list of destinations.

4. james#6343

james#6343 Member

Yes, you are correct. I should add the end result that I am expecting. I really want to be able to set up my train just as a driver would IRL. Entering in my “ID” number, which should correlate with my DTG LIVE number IMO. Have a list of codes for destinations and services etc.

I personally feel that the IBIS systems in OMSI play a massive part in immersion and is one of the key things that makes OMSI the best bus simulator on the market. And if we are being honest with ourselves here, DTG already took another big immersion feature from OMSI: openable windows.

I don’t believe there were any big simulation games, or any games at all in fact, that paid so much attention to detail. I’m sure there were other games that allowed you to open windows. But OMSI took it a step further. The older busses window would creak, because it was old and the sliding motion was spot on. And TSW replicated that almost to a T.

It’s no secret that audio is the games biggest downfall, but they at least did windows fairly well.

My point here is that someone on the dev team OBVIOUSLY took inspiration from OMSI for this, so I’m sure if the team reads my suggestion, they’ll know exactly what I’m looking for.

My opinion is TSW is the OMSI for trains. At least they’re trying to be and I believe one day, it will be on that level.

(Point made, you can stop reading at this point. Further on is just more comparisons)

Another feature I loved with OMSI was that EVERY SINGLE BUTTON was interactive. And they weren’t just “do nothing” buttons. They all controlled whatever aspect of the bus that would expect that button to do.

Especially climate controls. The A/C and the heater had different sounds and if the temperature on the bus wasn’t comfortable, the passengers would complain. So you got the feed back that when you turned on the heat, the bus was getting hotter. Not to mention that it would affect visibility. If the temp inside was drastically different to that of outside, your windows would fog up. So many trains in TSW have demister or window heater buttons, but they’re “do nothing” commands.

I want this in TSW, I’m actually going to make a separate thread for this, but I want my windows to get fogged up making it hard to see signals and stopping points unless I fix the temperature. I want to hear some kid tell his mom “it’s really cold” from behind my door. Or at least have temperature setting reflected in my score kinda like speeding is. (Temp too high/low +5pts, passengers comfortable +20 pts etc.)

• Like Like x 2