One For Adam And The Preservation Crew

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SBos, Aug 25, 2021.

1. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

I requested, on more than one occasion, for the time allowed to set your train up in the Bakerloo Line to be increased as it was almost impossible to set everything up and depart on time. This seems to have been completely ignored during the recent work on the route despite the fact I wasn’t the only one complaining about this issue.

I fail to understand why you just don’t use a standard set up time on all routes that gives players enough time to set everything up they wish.

Look forward to hearing some kind of response

• Like Like x 1
  2. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Would be ideal if time could be 'frozen' at the start of a service. One can then take all the time one needs to set up the train. You need a bit of time because it regularly involves running all the way to the back of the train to turn on taillights. When one has finished he chooses 'start service' and that's when time starts running.

I know this would be very hard (if not impossible) to implement, but I can dream, can't I :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Would be better if in all cases trains started with BOTH set's of tail lights set to on, as in almost all cases these lights would be on when the driver either moved between ends, or attended the correct end in depot (at least in the UK)

• Like Like x 2
  4. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I agree there should be adequate time to set a train up. I know you can gain time by spawning onto a particular service by starting off as a foot passenger but it’s a bit of a faff and not realistic.

Imagine you go to your local railway station and a train pulls in. You go to the cab and say to the driver “ Do one! mate I’m taking over driving this train”

It would never happen would it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

In many of the routes we have one or two minutes to set up the train, which is enough for most of the cases. However in some routes the service just starts abruptly without any spare time. There's even no time to load passengers.

In HRR, the S-Bahn services start 1min 30s before the actual departure time now. However, I believe we only had 30s originally and they changed it with the update before the release of BR 101.

Maybe "adding" a preparation time (to the routes that don't have one like GWE) is difficult, but "change" the time shouldn't be impossible.

• Like Like x 3
  6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1