One Major Grievance I Have With The New 4.26 Ui

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Yerolo, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

These screenshots were not taken from the same route...but it still displays the point of this thread.

In 4.23 I could press ESC and quickly determine where I was on the route as shown (eg San Carlos). This could be done at any point of the route quickly and easily
    upload_2021-8-13_15-7-56.png

Now in 4.26 when pressing ESC, I get the new beaut UI but this same information is not shown at all on the overview screen.....

upload_2021-8-13_15-6-44.png

Going to the map screen shows a graphical route map which brings me to my next grievance. The default zoom level is too far out which makes each of the labels overlap each other as shown. This can be zoomed in with the mouse wheel BUT the zoom level is not retained if you escape back to the game and go back in.

You have to click back to the map screen (as it always defaults to the overview screen) and then zoom back in again so it is readable. This has to be done every single time you simply want to see where you are on the route which previously could be done in less than a second
    upload_2021-8-13_15-8-18.png

As you can see, this was MUCH easier in 4.23 to access this basic piece of info.
    Please bring back a simple label to the overview screen showing current location. Thankyou

• Like Like x 7
  2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

i very like 4.26 new ui

3. Zigg

Zigg Member

Completely agree. They aren't exactly making efficient use of the space in the overview screen as they did in 4.23 (just look how much space the train information on the left takes up). There could definitely be a miniature version of the map somewhere so you can see where you are. Ideally though, the labels should be combined with the speed/elevation graph. Then they could mark where you are going and where you are (show labels for current and destination but only dots for passing stations), so you could see exactly how many stations are between you and your destination, as well as the elevation and speed between the stations.

Since the graph only calculates 7 miles out (I assume the 7 is in miles), it would not show your destination if it is further away. In this situation, the map screen would be more useful.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zigg

Zigg Member

Something like this is what I mean

4.26ui_example.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It got significantly gutted (I'd say "BRDed") compared to the "artistic visualisation" they've shown before.
    upload_2021-8-13_11-1-26.png
    No idea how you can have such an info screen without station names. And not even the distance units... HOW???

• Like Like x 3
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I figure the amount of info that is shown is route dependent. That screenshot is from SKA shortly after departure from Koln..there weren't any immediate stops in the next 7 Kms (?) hence there being nothing labelled on the gradient map. I cannot explain the lack of distance units though

7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Ok, fair point is that from a stream of Epic version it's obvious the station names are there.
    upload_2021-8-13_11-14-8.png
    Still, it's missing the units, current gradient, next stop and stop time. (The units probably being the largest problem)

8. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

It's not just station names though. If it is only station names being shown on the overview screen then my issue still exists. Great example is on CRR, there are no stations but plenty of 'waypoints' along the route which shown up fine on the 4.23 overview screen which will not display on 4.26 by design unless you go to the map screen which has the issue I described.

-edit-

I just ran the SKA again in 4.26 and pulling into Koln-Ehrenfeld it is not shown on the overview map (Note the in-game time on both) . So it looks like there is a bug with station names not appearing on the overview screen

upload_2021-8-13_19-33-57.png

upload_2021-8-13_19-32-37.png

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021