One X Sand Patch Grade Ac4400 Operation Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by p4ckers1, Aug 20, 2020.

1. p4ckers1

p4ckers1 New Member

Hi all, I’m not new to Train Simulator games. But in every timetable or scenario except “Powering America” in TSW2 I can’t seem to get the AC4400 with Rolling stock to move past 0.1MPH AT ALL.

Yes the all the switches seem to be correct including Generator Field ON, all brakes released, reverser Forward. When I move the throttle handle anything past N4 the wheels just slip and the train lags a bit. Anything past N4 the train spazzes a bit and it’s all slip.

Anything before N4 the train does not move at all. I could operate the train in the Powering America Scenario just fine and used the same steps in Timetables as well.

Any help? Thanks.

2. Markerson

Markerson Member

Have you pressed the buttons on the operators screen? It’s just if you haven’t then the brakes are still on/not set correctly.

There’s a tutorial specifically for this loco but sure it’s button 1 then F3 then F6 to set correctly. After this is done N2/N3 should start you rolling.

Good luck.

3. Gwindhair

Gwindhair New Member

For me its not working :( Only thing happening is that its rolling backwards. Really annoying

4. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Also. if it's a heavy train, make sure the helper locos and set up to trail correctly, so they will provide power also.

5. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Indeed, from the manual for the AC4400CW:

9. The correct settings are:

Feed Valve: 90psi (use F1/F2 on the IFD Keypad to adjust if needed)

Auto Brake: Cut in (use F3 on the IFD Keypad to toggle if needed)

Independent Brake: Lead (Use F4 on the IFD Keypad to toggle if needed)

10. If you made any changes, press F6 on the IFD Keypad to make those changes Active.

11. Press F8 on the IFD Keypad to exit the Air Brake Setup screen.

6. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...if the train has helper units in it, and you’re trying to make use of them, you need to do the following. Good luck, let me know how it works out.

- Configure the two engines at the front of the train as a standard lead-trail pair
    - Configure the two helpers further back in the train as a standard lead-trail pair
    - Make sure the Radio circuit breaker in both lead units are on (they should be on by default)
    - Finally, turn on the banking radio *only* in the lead unit at the front of the train (by hitting the ‘DISP’ button on the front of it), and that should bring up the helpers

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 3