Oovee Class 150

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by Cyclone, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I know, I know. This is a product that was already released.

Here's the problem. It has not been available since before I acquired the game. And to this day, it is still being used. So in reality, it would be most appropriate to include it somewhere, somehow. Is there any way DTG can talk with Oovee about bundling it with the existing Class 150? That way we get both versions of the 150 and that gets rid of the "Oh, I can't use this despite having the 150..." "Oh, you have the wrong 150, sorry!" and people are forced to edit or move on.

I'll see if I can contact Oovee about acquiring it myself in the meantime. They are still a preferred product over what is currently available, apparently. Or is this the one that AP took over, and I have to go through them now?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Do you mean the Thomson Oovee one?
    I seem to have four different Class150 folders, a thomson-oovee one, a DTG one and two AP ones

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Thomson sold the rights of the 150/2 to AP which is why DTG withdrew the train from sale

4. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

If you want the 150/2, APs model is the most accurate for sounds, features, physics and livery. I believe it was a project that began with the Oovee 150 and they took the source model and added details and improvements and new textures etc.

5. Cyclone

Right, you see, that's the issue. The Steam Workshop requires the source model. So it would be a service to provide the source model to people buying the package so that they can use it with the Steam Workshop scenarios. Not everyone looks exclusively on ATS for scenarios and it's bonkers to expect everyone to edit around it. Those who want to edit can do so, obviously.

6. ARuscoe

Not steam workshop, the people who created the content. Maybe steam workshop should remove offending content and send a message to creators affected so they can update their scenarios

7. Cyclone

Right, the content is still valid content since the train was sold on Steam, but Workshop tags seem to bundle the Oovee 150 with other 150s for some reason, so sending messages to creators would not really be a proper solution, and removing the content would not be fair to the people who have it and want to use it. I just wish that it was possible to legally get the model itself, even if not the pack. All we can do is poke the creator and ask them to publish an alternate version. Some do on their own, some just don't bother with alternates. Others still say you can modify and post an alternate version if you want to. It varies.

8. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

I don't think that the source is able to be provided. Part of the condition of whatever agreement was made means that it was withdrawn from sale, and I don't think it will be able to be to be put back up as a probable condition of the agreement. So if you want to use that Workshop stuff then you'll have to make changes to the files, it isn't a case of having a choice in the matter I don't think. Either have the Workshop stuff and edit it or not.

9. ARuscoe

It was valid when the content was available on steam, the content is no longer available so an ever decreasing pool of people can play those scenarios out of the box, hence my suggestion

The only 150s available on steam were the Oovee and Thomson versions. Workshop only allows steam bought DLC

If they have it then unless they need to redownload they don't need it again on steam. And "fair" is relative when you're talking about freeware user created content

It's not... Ce La Vie