Open The Door With It Actual Open Door Button

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by firstpon, Oct 12, 2021.

1. firstpon

firstpon New Member

It would be nice to click at the actual open door button to open the door not just clicking anywhere on the door that's not realistic. This includes the cab door as well !

Thanks!

• Like Like x 6
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

You can click the buttons…

• Like Like x 3
  3. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I have been doing GWE and I have to push the buttons to open the passenger doors because it still has classic controls. On consoles it's a pain to click on buttons. It would make this game frustrating for me so just click the button if that is what you want to do

4. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I believe this does not concern the release door buttons in the cab, but the buttons that are on the actual passenger doors you click in real life to open them.
    And I second that suggestion, maybe one day we get a route where doors are actually released by the driver (instead of all opened) and then this would be a nice thing to come along with it, that you also need to click the proper button to open the door rather than clicking anywhere on the door :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. antwerpcentral

Yes I know but I gave it as an example. It's already hard for me not to open the window instead of the cab drivers door. Do it optionally because adding frustration should be optional :D

6. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Sometimes a guard (like class 43, class 483)opens the door and thats why u can in the cab

7. firstpon

firstpon New Member

What is mean is I wish that I could click the button or a lever that's actually use to open the door in real life not just clicking the door itself.

Maybe if they implemented this feature you need to change it in the setting and choose what open door system you want realistic or arcade.

for example, this is the lever that open the cab door in real life.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. firstpon

firstpon New Member

I wish tsw will be like that. Like in tramsim. It's a joy to watch passenger get in and out and close the door when they're finish boarding not just wait for the timer even though there is no passenger boarding.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Aha that could be cool tho indeed, for now it is not implemented sadly enough but iirc u it is animated

10. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

I would Like to that the Buttons are Just Green lighted when the Doors are unlocked and Not when the train is driving

11. firstpon

firstpon New Member

I just Discovered that I can use the real button in the Class 465!! Definitely the best loco dlc on TSW. The sound is amazing too. It a shame that it's only run on SEHS and in a very short distance as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. antwerpcentral

But the nice thing about that is that you are not forced to use the open and close buttons to open the door in that loco