PC Operations Shift Not Functioning As Expected

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by SpookieWookie, Aug 20, 2021.

1. SpookieWookie

SpookieWookie New Member

Operations Shift is not functioning as expected using a controller on PC. This may also affect consoles, but I do not own any of the DLC exhibiting the issue to test it myself.

The issue I've found is specifically in the D-pad controls where trying to use [X] + D-pad Down to activate brake sanding is also moving the reverser position - which is not an intended behaviour as far as I'm aware.

In the following reproduction guide [X] refers to the Xbox controller X button, for Playstation controllers this is the Square button.

Reproduction
    Load up a service on Glasgow Cathcart using the Class 314, or load up a service on Boston Sprinter using any of the 3 included locos.

2. [X] + D-pad Down on controller.

Expected outcome: Sand activates.
    Actual outcome: Sand activates, and reverser position moves back.​

This may also affect other controls that now serve a second purpose when operations shift is held, though I haven't tested anything further.

Affected Locos
    I do not own all of the DLC to test every single loco. But from the routes I have tried, I have found the same issue on the following:

Boston Sprinter
    ACS-64
    F40PH
    CTC-3 Cab Car

Glasgow Cathcart
    Class 314

I've tested a few other routes/locos and found no problems present (noted below). Sand Patch Grade's AC4400CW for example, [X] + Down on controller only activates sanding as expected and releasing [X] allows control of the reverser again. Bakerloo's 1972 stock doesn't feature a sanding function yet holding [X] prevents control of the reverser with the D-pad, which I believe is intentional.

Everything I've tested so far:
    Unaffected
    East Coastway: Class 377, Class 66 both function as expected.
    Great Western Express: Class 43, Class 166, Class 66 all function as expected.
    Sand Patch Grade: AC4400CW, GP38-2, SD40-2 all function as expected.
    Bakerloo: 1972 Stock functions as expected.
    Schnellfahrstrecke Köln: BR406, BR442 both function as expected

Affected
    Boston Sprinter: ACS-64, F40PH, CTC-3 - none of these function as expected.
    Glasgow Cathcart: Class 314 does not function as expected.