Optimum In Game Sound Level For Streaming

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by TinTin_57, Aug 6, 2021.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I have been experimenting with adding my voice to my videos/streams for TSW2 but sometimes have trouble being heard when switching to outside cab view. Just wondered if you fellow streamers/content creators have a recommended sound level setting from within the TSW2 settings that you use that allows you to be heard properly no matter what view you are in? Thanks

2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Can’t speak for TSW streaming but I would have thought you’d have more control through the streaming software used.

I use OBS for work purposes, each audio input I use can be set to monitor only to help balance inputs on the fly without the stream hearing my test. When I’m satisfied with the balance I just switch over to output, or monitor and output. I mostly leave running media on output and monitor and leave it unadjusted unless it really needs an urgent tweak, and I will balance vocal inputs on monitor only, as that’s where I have more control.
    I keep my pc volume at 50% and try to balance for that, that should give users some wiggle room to adjust their master volume.

I always try and balance offline first, so that any on-stream adjustments are kept to minor tweaks. It’s good to have a decent amount of time before being on-stream to get this sorted.

For TSW, maybe noting 2 positions for media and vocal levels that work, one for in-cab and one for outside, set them up as separate scenes if in OBS, and then change scene with no fade or effects as you move inside or outside the cab.
    As I don’t stream TSW it’s a guess for a way forward, but OBS has the flexibility needed for it I think.

• Like Like x 1