Other Vehicles At Training Center

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by maikcolonia, Sep 9, 2022.

1. maikcolonia

maikcolonia Active Member

Hi...

Is it possible to add other existing vehicles to the training center so that you can experiment with them there?!?

So I mean that if you explore the training center on foot, there are other vehicles there as well

Best regards

2. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

I think right now it is not possible. If you want to drive other vehicles in Training Center, you can only do that via Scenario Planner.

3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Future TSW3 Add-ons should have that functionality, but as arek#2842 mentions, for Legacy content you can do that via Scenario Planner.

• Like Like x 2
  4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

arek#2842
    Yes this is what is needed. I was kind of thinking when you spawn in on foot what rolling stock you have as DLC on your system will randomly spawn in everytime you load in.

Hentis

5. maikcolonia

Okay thank you :)

But in the scenario planner it is only possible that you can only drive one vehicle.

If you could switch between several vehicles would be a dream

• Like Like x 1
  6. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

(I don't have TSW3 yet) If the test track doesn't have signals, could you create several "services" in the scenario planner that just plop a few trains of your choice at a varying spawn points? If so it may then be possible to go and take over those trains and drive them around

7. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

No as you would have to designate them as IA or player services. You can only designate one player service at a time I believe.

Hentis

8. maikcolonia

No, unfortunately not.

It looks like you can only choose one train to control when creating a scenario.

9. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

I just tried it on TSW2, throwing a player and AI service at the same station in the same direction but on different platforms, so that part works (GWE), but when I tried to take over the AI train, all that happened was a message popped up saying "You are not authorised to drive this service). I expect the same would happen on test track too then, but at least you can plop trains of your choosing down?

10. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Well, that sounds a bit like the "legacy DLC" is old stuff. For me, who has all(!) DLC, it's not old stuff!

The Scenario Planner (SP) is still fairly underdeveloped and rudimentary. Especially on consoles it's not a pleasure to deal with. In terms of the Creator Club, there is also a real need to catch up here.

In addition, I think the idea of the training center is a good thing, which I would like to use as part of a railway show scenario. Sort of like a show.

So I don't even know if I can accommodate all my trains here at all and also how? It must first be possible to assign the individual tracks to the routes. Certainly a small thing on the PC, but an undertaking on the PS.

This is how I thought about presenting them in a structured way:
    By Country, Drive and Loco/MU.

So I could safely accommodate all moves in orderly scenarios. However, with the drawback that only one train can be a player train when it is created. You would have to edit the scenario each time to be able to run another train. Until then it would be more of a showcase than a showrun. After all...

A possible scenario could be:
    Position the HST against the Class 395 on the outer rings, the Class 314 or another EMU on the Metro ring. Others park on the sidings. But even these are only available to a limited extent and their length has to be adapted to the train. As far as I know, no two trains can be placed or coupled on the same track. Too bad, as far as the training center, the Creators Club and ultimately the Scenario Planner are concerned, there is really a lot of potential here!

Yesterday I allowed myself a joke!
    I created three train runs from those stocks that are now available ready-to-run in the TC. I sent the first one to the outer big run, the other one to the inner one - I had to change the points in time. Then the third onto the Metro platform. So I had three trains running at the same time. Ok, that has more of a model railway feeling, but that's all we can do at the moment...

I would like to be more creative, but the restrictions of the SP, TC and PS don't allow it either... Too bad...

11. james.caton

james.caton Member

I bet if all your dlc you own was on the training center then frame rate would be awful, but it would be good if you could select in the menu what dlc you wish to appear on the training center.