Overhead Wire And 3rd Rail Sparks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by matinakbary, Nov 19, 2021.

1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Hello,

I wanted to express that there is still interest in this little, yet very beautiful feature of nearly every electric train: Sparks.

I remembered a year ago at the release of TSW 2 Matt said, that actually the "tech" for it is there, but it needs someone to do the artwork of that. And then some months later, Matt said IIRC that there is still a person who "privately" does some work on that or is at least interested. So I wanted to suggest to have this feature developed because it helps to bring more immersion. Especially when driving at night in snow, seeing the "Bügelfeuer" as we say in germany is very common and is actually really beautiful to look at.

Have a look at this spectacular video: [not mine, so i'm not doing advertisment for this vid]

buegelfeuer-45fef66e-09ff-4b1a-b89f-de7f4c295e90.jpg
    (source: https://www.fotocommunity.de/photo/buegelfeuer-christoph-fritsche/40807885)

Is there an update on that, Matt? Any kind of plan to plan this? I know very well that there are more important features than that. But TS classics has this, So why should TSW be behind TS?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 5