P42 Genesis Locomotives For Oakville Sub

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ragn05, Mar 14, 2020.

1. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

Why I'm suggesting that?
    I'm posting that thread because... well... OSD lack the passenger traffic plus the P42 is one of the most iconic passenger locomotive in North America, so can be recycled on other routes!
    the comapanies that run there are VIA and Amtrak (which uses VIA staff) the trains would run between Oakville and Aldershot at the max speed of 95Mph!
    What could that consist in?
    there are 10-12 Via's Services for day and two amtrak services for day.
    for the Amtrak Version DTG should only model the Genesis and the Amfleet II coaches, which are really similiar to the Amfleet I on NEC, as Maple leaf use the Amfleet I & II.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Amfleet II
    [​IMG]
    for the VIA version they would have to model the Genesis and the coaches as them are completely different than anything that we have in TSW, plus VIA run more services than Amtrak
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the coaches that I would suggest for the add-on[​IMG]
    How much time do the travel take?
    the travel should take circa 14 minutes, at least that is what Amtrak timetable say.
    VIA schedules: https://www.viarail.ca/en/plan-your-trip/customize-your-train-schedule
    Amtrak schedule: https://www.amtrak.com/content/dam/...nts/timetables/Maple-Leaf-Schedule-111019.pdf
    feel free to say anything on the comments and to tell me grammatical fixes to my post

• Like Like x 9
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It looks cool, but 14 mins doesn't seem worthwhile so it seems unlikely without a route extension.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

The bad thing is that I think DTG didn’t get VIA Rail’s license to use their logo:(

4. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

But Amtrak’s a possibility:)

5. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

I think that the Cab car on the SW1000R DLC is around that time, also have the same number of stops...
    and a route extension is nearly impossible has they don't have GO license, I mean, that part of the route would have like 2 services, which are the amtrak ones, has afaik
    plus that would help the road for an Amtrak long distance train, has they wouuld only need to model the coaches, has the already have the loco
    anyways, I see it impossible, but one can dream, or not?

• Like Like x 2