Paignton To Exeter St. David’s/ Exmouth

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Quebxc, May 5, 2019.

1. Quebxc

Quebxc New Member

This would be a short but sweet ride along the wonderfully scenic Rivera line going through Dawish that got battered by the rough weather a few years ago. This route has many options for locos including the Class 800, 220, 158, 143 and the 150 just to name a few. I do know that the 220 “Voyager” is only operated by Arriva Cross Country I think it would provide that bit more immersiveness to the route.This is also a good route as the main operator is GWR, an already in-game brand. There are also many options for scenarios/ services as you can run a passenger service calling at all stops or a high speed route calling at only a few stops. I would love to see this in game.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 13
  2. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I think adding the Exmouth line would be a good idea, for the most part it runs down the opposite bank of the Exe so should somewhat share scenery with the mainline.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i have mentioned this riviera route many times to be made. i travel this route many times in a year to Exeter and to Plymouth on the crosscountry 220 voyager. yes the exmouth line should be made as well Avocet line. also the Dartmouth steam heritage railway

• Like Like x 1
  4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would love to see this route in any era. If they could recreate Riviera in the 50's (once they get steam in the game) from TS1 that would be amazing.

5. Quebxc

Quebxc New Member

I would like to see that but personally I would prefer the modern day route, but it would be a nice dlc add- on for it

• Like Like x 1
  6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well we had both in TS1 plus a wonderful freeware version set in BR blue days (not by DTG) so maybe we could have the same again as it is definitely one of the UK's most iconic stretches of line whatever period it is set in.

• Like Like x 2
  7. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Yes. There are many TS routes I'd like to see revisited in TSW, and this one is way way up on the list.

• Like Like x 2