Passenger Lights - Class 395 (southeastern High Speed)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by gallifillo, Feb 6, 2021.

1. gallifillo

gallifillo Member

Hello,
    I was wondering if there's a way to turn off passenger lights in the new Class 395 that has been added a few days ago.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is a way to do so

• Like Like x 1
  3. gallifillo

gallifillo Member

Ok. Thanks anyway.

4. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

In theory it should be done with the auxiliary electrical system (yellow buttons on left side panel) but they do nothing. Several british MUs have that issue and lights can´t be turned on or off as such buttons are not working. Most of the times they are always on.

In 375 and 377 they are not working either.

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. gallifillo

gallifillo Member

Got that ;) Thanks for your detailed reply :)

6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The only way is to turn off the power. Hold down Aux Off for several seconds. The same can be done on the 377 and 375 (master key on, reverser not off when doing so). Don't forget to close the MCB on those too by holding that down after using Aux On.

No good really if you actually plan to drive the train but you can enjoy hearing them power down/up.

The destination stays powered on in the 395 in my screenshot.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I tried to use the Aux buttons but they didn't work. I pushed them for more than 5 secs with cab enabled as you explained. Did you manage to make them work or should I hold them longer than 5 secs?

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Hold down Aux Off for 10 seconds on the Class 395.

• Like Like x 2
  9. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I believe the reverser needs to be set to Neutral, at least that's how I think I managed to do it. The Aux Off button needs to be held for quite a while, much like L89 mentioned

• Like Like x 3
  10. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

In real life, the procedure below is how you would dispose of a Class 395/800. The ones in bold is what you can do in TSW:
    1. Log out of TMS
    2. Put reverser switch to Neutral (as SkyMutt said)
    3. Pan Down button
    4. Press and Hold AUX OFF. TMS will display message that auxiliary circuit will become dead after one minute
    5. Data recorder healthy light should extinguish
    6. Reverser to OFF and key out

With regards to modern units in general, lighting cannot be turned off unless you turn off the auxiliaries (battery). But you wouldn’t normally do this unless you are ‘disposing’ the train at a maintenance depot/siding/station overnight. You may also be able to switch off passenger lights if you go to each individual vehicle’s cupboard and flick the MCB for coach lighting.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  11. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Another thing you can do for an odd bit of fun - go to a service controlled by an AI driver then hold down Aux Off. Now you can sit down as a passenger without any lights. Nice ride in the Class 395 as the sun is setting...until I notice they can't open/close doors at stations.

• Like Like x 2
  12. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I just checked that all those controls work in 395/375/377. I will put those procedures in the guide as I think they are relevant.

The only thing which is not working is the line voltage indicator on the 375. It stays always off. I will report it.

TS2Prototype-Win64-Shipping 2021-02-07 10-49-16.png

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  13. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I think that the speed target/cruise control is also broken on the 375, unless I am using it wrong. Can anyone else confirm?

Cheers

14. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Now if we could actually have a situation to 'cold start' them like those services from the depots (all running) or in a scenario/training.

• Like Like x 3
  15. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

You can force a semi-cold start by turning off battery with the Aux button. However brakes will still remain charged unless you wait for some minutes with the unit turned off and brakes applied to force a discharge. That works quite well in american locomotives for instance.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Of course, with the pantograph down (or engines off), your main compressors will not be running so you will see your main reservoir deplete slowly over time. Below approximately 7 bar, you will be unable to obtain brake release as the train wires will be de-energised. The parking brake on modern units including Class 395 are automatic so when main reservoir goes below approx. 5 bar, the parking brakes will automatically apply. The way the parking brake works is that it is spring applied so it needs air to overcome the pressure of the spring to release the parking brake (I.e. main reservoir > 5 bar) thus making the system fail-safe. This does mean if there is an air leak in the parking brake system, the parking brake will apply which is why it would be necessary to isolate the parking brake if such a fault occurred in service.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s Do Not work on Class 377 the Line Button

18. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I believe this functionality was removed when the units were refurbished, so it does not work. You can set speeds with the keys "R" and "F", but nothing changes and it will not keep to them (you just see the text about it on the right)

• Helpful Helpful x 1