Passenger Mode Drops Me Out Of The Moving Train

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Marine74, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Marine74

Marine74 New Member

Version: TSW running on a PS4 Pro.

While running NEC New York, I boarded an Amtrak train at Newark International Airport in Passenger mode. I believe the train was heading north (but I can't be sure since there aren't any indicators on the platforms or trains). After sitting down during my first attempt in a Business Class seat, all was fine for about 3 minutes. I decided to leave my seat and when I did the game rushed me through the remainder of the train, out its rear, and dumped me on a slight rise. The tracks in both directions are covered by the slight hill (large mound of dirt).

I assumed that when I left my seat the train simply left me behind as if I was a stationary object that it was passing (weird, but might explain the behavior). I attempted to replicate the issue, but on my second attempt, starting at the same station and boarding the train that arrived at 13:13 in the same direction, I sat in the Cafe Car. This time I didn't move from my seat. In approximately 3 minutes I found myself on the same mound of dirt, with the tracks in both directions covered by it.

Hey! While I was typing this discussion topic, trains arrived in both directions. I was unable to get out of the way of the train traveling in the direction I was. No worries, I simply went right through it. It didn't stop. While that was happening, a train just appeared on the other track (going in the opposite direction). My controller did not allow me to move, just change the direction of view. The other train was stopped for about 30 seconds, and then it simply left as if it was leaving a station. I'm not at a station, I'm on a mound of dirt.

I would say that this should be classified as a bug.

2. Marine74

Marine74 New Member

A quick update...

When I started a service (NEC New York - Newark International to New Rochelle, NY at 9 AM), I left the cab, got into a passenger car seat, and relinquished control. The train departed the station and I am still on it more than 15 minutes into the journey.

3. Marine74

Marine74 New Member

Very interesting! Without warning, and 55 minutes into the ride, the trip mentioned above (actually the reverse - New Rochelle to Newark International Airport) abruptly dumped me onto the landscape. This occurred without warning a couple of minutes outside of Newark International Airport station. The train and all tracks just disappeared. Once again, my controller will let me look around, but I can't move. Perhaps the game should indicate what the last stop is, and request that all passengers leave the train.