Train Sim World 3 Passengers Refuse To Board Trains At Stations

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Bertil Persson, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Hi!

I’ve been driving Birmingham Cross City, Long Island and Harlem lines, and sometimes when you open the doors, passengers stop walking. When I close the doors they turn and walk away. It seems to be random and a core issue. I haven’t checked other routes like London Commuter etc. In scenario planner, no one boards a train. I also don’t know if TSW2 does the same.

On Southern Line, wait a few seconds after the “unload passengers” signal, then open the doors and if you see people walk leaving the train others will board. If people don’t leave, close the doors and open again. That usually works, but only on Southern.

• Like Like x 3
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

There are many issues with passenger behaviors that have been present for a while.

• Like Like x 3
  3. chinchillaxs#8354

chinchillaxs#8354 Member

I have this exact issue across all routes and units and it seems to happen more often than not now, but it's only ever the frontmost or rearmost carriage of a unit. I've also observed that opening and closing the cab door causes those problem passengers to walk away as though all of the doors have been closed.

So, taking BCC for example, if you're running a 6-car 323 (3x3), passengers won't board the frontmost or rearmost carriage of both units, but the rest are packed. It's extremely frustrating.

I have a feeling it doesn't occur with a pure loco+carriage set, but I'm yet to test it.

In any case, I hope they can identify and fix the bug ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
  4. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

I did a timetable the other day on tees Valley, train left Darlington about 2.30am and was chock full of passengers, couldn't believe it

5. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Passenger system is broken since years now and still not fixed

• Like Like x 1