Patch Or Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by GothicMatt, Mar 15, 2018.

1. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I know the game only came out last friday but i was wondering if TrainSim-Jay had any news on a potential patch or update

2. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

There probably won't be anything soon in the way of an update due to the DLC for the PC version coming out today I believe. However as with all things in life, they will update when they update!

3. stay4evergaming

stay4evergaming Member

pc dlc pushed back due to needing more work but i dont think we need a big update just a hot fix that adds in vsync and if possible after that try to address coding issues ect in a bigger patch

4. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It would be easier for the team to do one big patch. Putting a patch through that addresses a few issues isn't cost effective to the publisher, as it will take 3-4 weeks for certification, then a further 2 weeks to release. So they would be better submitting 1 big patch rather than 3 or 4 smaller ones and work it to the same timelines.

5. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

The NEC release was pushed back to the 20th to address some last minute issues. There's also a general bug-fixing patch that is due to come out alongside it.

I don't know if the bug-fixing patch is coming out to Xbox at the same time. I have my doubts but even if it did I don't think it would address any of the Xbox specific problems that are occurring such as the timetable issues.

Also, I've been seeing some things that releasing updates\DLC on Xbox can take an age due to some Microsoft process?

6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It's all about money. A developer or publisher can pay for the patch to be expedited through the Microsoft testing process etc, but this isn't cheap. I think that the 4 week submission to approval tier costs £10,000 per submission, so if Microsoft find a bug and you need to fix it, you've lost £10,000. There are quicker ones, PUBG for example have an agreement with Microsoft as part of their Early Access scheme, to get patches out within 1 week of submission.

I'd expect DTG to announce they fix list in a week or 2, and that they have then submitted it, and you'll be looking at a month to a month and a half.

DTG had nothing with Microsoft as of the 9/3/18 for approval according to Matt P, but he did confirm that there was list of features and fixes he already had that they were going to add to after release and submit in due course.