PlayStation Patch-underpowered Class 47 Simulation Model Fixed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Jun 15, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

419D8C16-68B4-4588-8A2C-EB6C657895D1.jpeg
    We got an exciting surprise today as a patch that adds support for the BR class 20 as well as fixes the class 47 simulation model that made it underpowered especially while transporting freight up the steep grades on NTP. This came as a welcomed surprise to me and can’t wait to give it a test run. Are you excited to take out the class 47 for a service?

• Like Like x 2
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’d hold your horses on the celebrations until the patch drops, is downloaded on your system and a few runs have been done to test it. From the way it reads, it looks like it might still be broken in WSR even after the patch. It specifically mentions NTP but not WSR and they are two different models but both suffer from the same issue. We shall see.

• Like Like x 2
  3. matthewbguilford

I wasn’t even thinking about WSR, mainly because it’s one of my least played content. I am however still excited about the fix to the NTP version as I enjoy that much more, I don’t really mind at all if the WSR version didn’t get upgraded and isn’t surprising as it didn’t mention that in the patch notes. I do understand if you enjoy the class 47 on WSR some disappointment but I’d argue the class 47 on NTP especially with the heavy freight add on is an more important fix in terms of that route being more popular.

• Like Like x 3
  4. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

The 47 models in NTP and WSR are different. At WSR you can see the cooling vens on the loco roof rotating, at NTP the vens do not rotate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s right but they both had the same power issue on consoles and I was wondering whether they have fixed both of them because it only mentions NTP in the patch notes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. matthewbguilford

I would assume NTP will only get the update by the patch notes. I’d say WSR didn’t get the update but as you said until we test it we won’t know, I just wouldn’t expect them to be changed. Can’t wait to get out of Manchester with a heavy oil class 47!

• Like Like x 3
  7. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Still not fixed the miles platting crash though...

• Like Like x 1
  8. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Does that bug exist on PS4 or only Xbox?

9. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

The power issue on NTP is more important. On NTP with the steep grades you need each extra hp especially for the Tea tanker trains. On WSR you can drive 24 mph at maximum and the grade is a bit heavy at the southern quarter of the route with the relatively light trains.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Miles Platting is smooth as silk on my PS4 Pro, but others on PS4 have (I think) reported judders. It's also a bit shaky on PC (on a very powerful PC). The crashes at Miles Platting seem to be mostly XBox only (but I could be wrong about that...?). I believe it to be a tile streaming issue, which is right on the limit.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Plastic Pal

Agreed - the power issue doesn't really matter on WSR, given the 25mph speed limit. However, the braking system also behaves unusually (easy to drag), and this would affect 0-25mph.

I fully expect that both Class 47s use pretty much exactly the same Simugraph flow-chart, but you never know.... (as the WSR one has a functional headlight).

When the patch drops, I will do a comparison run with some loaded TEAs, on NTP.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Mostly xbox users that i know of, im an xbox user, i never had the miles platting crash before i purchased the heavy freight pack, now it doesnt matter wheather heavy frieght is installed or not, it crashes pretty much everytime

13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Patch downloaded, installed and tested (by me) on PS4.
    Class 47 on NTP is now fixed and can finally be used.
    Class 47 on WSR appears to be the same as before and can’t pull the skin off a rice pudding but still does make the 25mph up the hills, so not a huge problem.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Plastic Pal

I think it is important to understand that this is not an over-statement.

Previously, the Class 47 would hold up traffic behind it (if any). But it also would not catch up with 101s doing a stopping service. With a working Class 47, however, you get to interact with the traffic ahead - so it isn't green, green, green..... from start to finish.

Using the Class 47 now (on NTP) is a fundamentally different experience.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Very true! I actually got over excited and spaded twice because I was not used to the performance. :)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Pre-patch performance on a Stalybridge to Huddersfield speed run running MK2's PS_Messages_20200617_002430.jpg

Post patch similar run tonight
    PS_Messages_20200617_002438.jpg

17. chris_jwnr

chris_jwnr New Member

The 47 is so much better now on NTP. Used it a few times since the bug fix and it has been a huge improvement over the version before.

• Like Like x 2
  18. iancownie

iancownie New Member

Still underpowered on west Somerset though.

• Like Like x 1