Path: Newark To 33rd Street

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TrainHorn22, Jun 22, 2019.

1. TrainHorn22

TrainHorn22 Active Member

Hello Everyone, I will suggest something that will raise Dovetail's Eyebrows and Everyone else. This Route is short but will be worth it. This Route is like a Subway that goes from Newark Penn to the Busy World Trade Center. This route will have 2 trains, I will explain how service will work along this Route.
    The PATH Line Is being announced to the Dovetail Team and could come to TSW

This here, This could save Dovetail from the failure of the SW1000R and could increase sales. This could be cheap as well as the route is short combined with all Lines. Well, This route would have an expected cost of about 15 dollars as this route covers about 26.2 miles.

The PATH Rail System was Proposed in 1874 originally known as Hudson and Manhattan Railroad(H&M). Construction of tunnels on the Hudson was unsuccessful due to lawsuits that were filed and problems within the attempt to build a tunnel under the Hudson River. The New Jersey and New York Tunnel Company resumed construction of the Uptown tubes in 1904. In 1906, The Uptown tunnels were completed. The Same year, The Downtown tunnels were also built and were completed in 1909. During the Great Depression, Transport Infrastructure like The Lincoln Bridge and George Washington Bridge saw the decline of the ridership on Hudson and Manhattan Railroad. H&M Workers went on Strike for low wages, The 19th Street Station closed down. Soon, H&M soon changed to Port Authority after It was saved via Taxes. In 1973, Plans to expand PATH on the Newark-World Trade Center and So the PATH line was expanded. On September 11, 2001, PATH's World Trade Center Station was heavily damaged as the twin towers were nearby the station. Passengers evacuated and the station was closed. A Temporary World Trade Center Station came by on November 23, 2003.

On October 29, 2012, Hurricane Sandy would approach New Jersey and New York, The Governor of New Jersey would shut down services of PATH as Hurricane Sandy would hit NYC and cities nearby it. A Video of Hoboken having damage with the hurricane became Viral throughout the internet as Hoboken became heavily damaged. The World Trade Center Hub permanent station would begin construction in 2008, Harrison station was soon being rebuilt. The World Trade Center Hub would soon open in 2014.
    [​IMG]
    Map Of PATH

(MAJOR TIP TO THE DOVETAIL TEAM: DO NOT START SERVICES FROM HOBOKEN TO JOURNAL SQUARE FROM 33RD STREET, CONTINUE THE ROUTE FROM 33RD STREET TO JOURNAL SQUARE BY MAKING THE DRIVERS GO TO THE OTHER DIRECTION OF THE TRAIN WHEN THE TRAIN IS AT HOBOKEN TERMINAL EXCEPT TRAINS TO HOBOKEN!)

Now, Our Locomotives for PATH, Shall we. I will have 2 Locomotives to drive within PATH. These trains will be The PA-4 And PA-5.

PA-5
    The PA-5 Is the Modern PATH train that's still in use today is used by Kawasaki. It has a throttle system like the R160. It was made to replace the PA-4 which was old. The PA-5 will be seen around basically everywhere and sights of a PA-5 on PATH are Really high.

[​IMG] PA-5 bound for World Trade Center Boards at Newark Penn Station

[​IMG] PA-5 Cab

PA-4

The Old Magestic Beast of PATH is the PA-4, Really nice to be honest but rare, Service for the PA-4 Really continue but is rare. The PA-4 Can go back as the 1970's when It was replacing the PA-3 which was also old.

[​IMG] 2002 photo of the PA4 cab

[​IMG]
    PA-4 Cab at Journal Square At Its Last stop.

I hope this gets liked by the Dovetail team and hoepfully don't make a Mistake like the SW1000R was. Anyways, See you later everyone!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 13
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

I was contemplating to suggest that as well, but preferrably as an extension to the NEC New York route so we'd finally get something worthwhile to do there.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Loyalty

Loyalty Well-Known Member

I hope they make this I truly do lol I just made I suggest about this hehe at least more then 1 person talking about it & yeah the Amtrak add-on wasn’t what I expected to be even I love the Metroliner. It’s route too short and not much service but I know why bc it’s only ran from NY penn to Philadelphia or Washington D.C that’s it never went further :/

• Like Like x 3
  4. TrainHorn22

TrainHorn22 Active Member

I agree with you. NEC is short, When LIRR Came, I liked it instantly and the M7 and LIRR because my top trains from NEC:New York and ACS-64

• Like Like x 2
  5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Path would be fun

• Like Like x 1
  6. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

They should do the whole path system and feature the Newark Penn to WTC, the Hoboken to WTC, and the Journal Square to 33rd street and the via Hoboken weekend late night services for the journal square line

7. Supreme Thunderous

Supreme Thunderous Member

It looks like a nice, quirky little route. I like the the idea of a subway style route, definitely a switch up to what we currently have.

• Like Like x 2
  8. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

I would love to see this line included. I'll admit I'm an Australian with no current personal attachment to the line, but I would also really appreciate seeing a recreation of the pre-2001 state of the line, including the old WTC station. I think TSW really has a unique position to exhibit that part of history in a unique way.
    Now that being said the new WTC station is beautiful and would be fine as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

We need this! This could jumpstart a series of Subway Lines from NYC to come to TSW.