PC Peninsula Corridor Is Broken (game Breaking Bug)

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by wsor4005, Sep 6, 2022.

1. wsor4005

wsor4005 Member

PC user on steam

I noticed today after playing Peninsula Corridor again that there seems to be a few issues, ranging from game breaking to visual.

- The Cab car for the MP36 is broken, shows no playable services.
    - The lights are broken on almost all the units, F40 top light flashes instead of the ditch lights, the cab car ditch lights do not flash anymore as well, this used to work fine as they should begin flashing when the horn is used, this is a big problem, if you leave the cab for a screen shot or video it looks terrible.
    - Gates are broken in most places, the overhead lights flash but the gates with the swing arm do not flash and do not lower, this looks even worse than before because all the gates are left up instead of down.
    - There is a weird texture glitch on most of the platforms when its raining and your traveling high speed, it looks like its flashing between the dry and wet textures.

Aside from these issues the upgrade to more passengers looks nice, but I would really like this route to just be fixed once and for all, it was such an amazing route when it released but has slowly gotten worse and worse over the years with promises of it being made "better" and I really hope that they can fix it for good as it is by far my favorite route in TSW.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

I can confirm this big issues! DTG JD this is thing that needs to be checked and fixed. The sound off the F40PH is to low and the bell to loud in cab. I don't know what's going wrong with the crossings but 90% doesn't work at all. And yes this is one off the best American passenger routes for me. I love it but this is a disaster at the moment and for a longer period!

• Like Like x 5
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The Gallery Cab Car is only showing 4 playable services (on PS5) - I’ve not even bothered going any further with it. It’s quite clear it hasn’t been tested properly (again).

I have rage quit and gone to bed without even playing a single service. I used to love this route. I already have to wait until the week beginning the 20th to get the loco DLC for it on PS, so I thought I’d just make do with a run in the silver cab car for now, but I’m not touching it.

This DLC has been unplayable in TSW2 for two years and this was supposed to be the big release to fix it once and for all but it has now come out even worse for TSW3. DTG are back on the naughty step and need to have a long think about what they have done.

Please give this route to someone who knows what they are doing to get it fixed and playable again.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

The F40PH has also a bug in the Lod file, the shadows only works at a close distance.

5. u guys should know by now that dovetail cant get a update right bugs are out of control this last 12 months has been the worse sorry but someone at dove needs to look into a fix for this asap as i not even been on the updated route on pc steam yet now seeing this now im happy didnt do a livestream for it because would of looked bad for my viewers

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As an addendum to this thread, I thought I would have a go in the F40 so picked a random service and was placed in the Gallery Cab Car for the service, while all around me were F40’s, my train being backwards. Second rage quit in a row. The whole timetable is messed up by the looks of it, needs looking at in detail.

This has to be the worst route update saga in TSW history. You just couldn’t make up the rotten state of affairs this route has suffered since the release of the MP15 DLC that snarled up the timetable back in TSW2020, the initial Pres Crew introduction into TSW2 and further update and this completely broken introduction into TSW3.

In another thread it is said that the Baby Bullet DLC is broken because of the timetable issue too but I haven’t got that yet being on PS5.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep, PC is a shambles of an update. Aside from the issues raised by the OP, the sounds have not been fixed since TSW 2020. The voiceover is way way too loud, everything else is way way too quiet. Given the amount of feedback provided on sounds, this is a kick in the knickers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

I really want to like pen corridor but it's in an awful state its worse than it was on tsw 2

9. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

The gallery cab car services are still playable if you spawn on foot. Here's a useful website where you can see the timetable: https://smtimetables.herokuapp.com/route/44

• Like Like x 1
  10. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

This sounds absolutely horrifying. I loved playing Peninsula Corridor in TSW2, especially since buying the Baby Bullet DLC.

Really hope this can all get fixed very quickly, like back when the Rapid Transit preservation crew update came out in a similarly broken state a few months ago.

11. dgagnon720

dgagnon720 Active Member

gp38-2's wheel aren't rotating.

12. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

The F40ph has zero engine noise on ps5

13. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I can confirm this, since the update the wheels of the UP GP38-2 no longer rotate.

14. stevegad

stevegad Member

I played it this evening and several of the routes have something going on, whereby you stop at the first station and the loco just dies. tried everything and when I reloaded, same again??