PC Peninsula Corridor Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bescot, Sep 6, 2021.

1. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Hi

The above route is crashing with an UE report regularly for me since 4.26.

It seems to occur when I've driven almost the full length of the route AND either use an external cam or open the cab door.

It matters not which way I've driven, and occurs in all trains; Baby Bullet/CTC and F40/CTC. Sometimes this will wait to happen at the destination station, and sometimes a little earlier - but I've only noticed it crash at a station, so I'm standing still - possible with train doors open.

I have no problem running other routes, Sandpatch is longer and works fine for example, and so does Boston.

I have tried with all mods & engine.ini settings removed - Ryzen 7-3600x 16Gb RAM GTX 3060Ti latest drivers etc.

Anyone else having a similar crash on this route?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

no crashing

3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Not for you , but maybe for someone else , so don’t say yours isn’t crashing , this isn’t your tech report

• Like Like x 2
  4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Issue still appears to be present. Was enjoying the third Journey scenario (the one where the HEP fails and you have to terminate) last night after buying the route and Bullet DLC. About 4 miles north of Millbrae got an abrupt screen freeze followed by CTD and the UE4 error box.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Had an issue when using the shunter and services crashing at the end of the service as I exited the cab. No idea why

6. OldVern

Looks like this is a route where save spamming is vital, then!

7. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

I am having the issues with this too. I grabbed Peninsula Corridor and it's two DLCs as well as Oakville during the holiday sale and I find they both crash fairly frequently. Peninsula Corridor seems worse though, happens more often. Same as others have reported above, crashes to desktop with a bug report box.

I notice both of these routes seem to have frequent split second pauses, both video and sound. Not sure if the crashes are preceeded by these pauses or not.

I don't get issues like this with the base game routes. I keep filling in the error reports and sending them.

DW

8. OldVern

Just tried this scenario again and the same issue is still occurring. A few miles north of Millbrae the game crashes.

Come on DTG are you telling us in nearly a year you have not investigated or tried to fix this scenario, which is one of those chosen for the MP36 Journey mode?

• Like Like x 2
  9. OldVern

Another crash on Peninsula Corridor.
    Train 134 San Francisco to San Jose (All Stations) from the default Journey Mode (F40). Approaching South San Francisco screen froze for about 10 seconds then CTD.

Sadly seems P.C. unplayable as it stands and in desperate need of some reliability and fault finding tweaks.

10. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

So 13 months after my original post, and a pres crew update and I'm still getting CTDs with this route. What is going on?

11. OldVern

This is the point at which, inappropriatel though it may be deemed, I really feel like tagging the main DTG personnel into the thread to highlight the issue.

12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

13. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Thank you for raising this issue again, I will make sure we get some internal eyes looking at this to understand what is happening.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. vivalavabis#5089

vivalavabis#5089 New Member

Well my peninsula corridor crashes too...but i discover something quite strange,I own the DLC both on the TSW2 and 3,and my TSW2 Level is 75,I drive F40 and MP36 southbound the game must crash(scenario and timetable),and the first day I got the TSW3,Peninsula Corridor work perfectly, until my TSW3 reach 79,the same crash begin.
    so my opinion is the crash might associate with the level in the game?

15. DTG Alex

For anyone experiencing a crash like this on Peninsula Corrdior (those in thread OldVern bescot), can you please follow the steps in this guide, specifically from step 12 onwards, and send these to us so we can get a DxDiag report / zipped crash report that can help us identify the issue. Thank you.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. OldVern

Link to guide, please Alex?

17. DTG Alex

18. OldVern

Got that Alex and will see what I can do later. In fairness though your own people in house should also be bringing up these scenarios and runs to test - e.g. Bay Area Breakdown (the one that always crashes at Millbrae) and the other ones that have been referenced.

I take it this data needs o be submitted through the Support Portal or do you require it zipped up and attached here?

19. DTG Alex

The main thing with getting you to send in reports is that we have no idea where to send our QAtesters to look, they'll be on different machines, different settings and may even find there's no problem on their end, the more of a picture we can build from the reports the bigger target we can give them to aim at.

Sending through on a support ticket, or even via this thread / DMing myself is all viable :) Thank you

• Like Like x 2
  20. OldVern

Well knock me down with a feather. Just ran Bay area Breakdown and no CTD...

Anyhow I'll keep coming back to PC a couple of times a week and be sure to send in any reports for runs that CTD per instructions.

21. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I might dabble in one of these today. Every time I’ve had a crash (other than the dirty drive scenario which I believe still doesn’t work) it’s been when you start at San Fran and get 70 or so % along the route.

22. OldVern

Strange as I was going to post the opposite. Most of the crashes I experienced have been in the South San Francisco or Millbrae area. It's almost as if there's a wonky object on a tile in the area which, if other circumstances are aligned (so to speak) then causes the CTD. But like anything that's intermittent or random going to be a right old pain for the troubleshooters to pin down the cause.

23. DTG Alex

I've flagged the Millbrae area as a potential cause, especially as the original post included this to be a cause for concern too.

24. OldVern

Thanks Alex.

25. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Just tried this service 268 in journey mode.

I ran incident free to the station before the one noted in top left.
    I was faffing about with trying to get the PCS off and then it just dumped to desktop.
    Silly question but do people think its time related as it always seems to be when you're a good stint into any service. Memory issue perhaps?

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0x000000017e4f4a20

TS2Prototype_Win64_Shipping
    kernel32
    ntdll

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. DTG Alex

Thank you for sharing this, I will send this to our team :)

27. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Well go figure, I tried to do the above and the two timetabled runs I've previously got a CTD have just worked perfectly from north to south and back again - very strange.

28. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

There is a very clearly defined spot when approaching South San Francisco southbound, where I received a lot of crashes:
    At 41:22 in the attached video you can see a distinct stutter/lag just before passing the platform. This is the exact spot.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  29. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

Same here, I've not played much Peninsula Corridor of late but when I was I can recall filling in many crash reports with the crash happening right in that area approaching that platform.

DW

• Like Like x 1
  30. OldVern

It does seem the issue is a corrupt or rogue tile/asset in that area. Question is, can the route builder or troubleshooters identify and fix it?

31. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

Just got one of these crashes again. I was doing a San Francisco to San Jose service with the MP36, was a few seconds from stopping at San Francisco South station and boom, crash to desktop. That same area again, approaching San Francisco South station, heading south. Happens to me there very frequently regardless of whether or not I am stopping there or just passing through.

I gathered a DxDiag.txt and zipped up my crash reports folder's contents here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hacf1php0smlkz/CrashFiles.zip?dl=0

And these are screenshots of my graphics settings :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DW

32. OldVern

Interesting as I revisited the route yesterday evening after an absence of some months, to clear that tedious all stations run from Journey Mode and got through South San Francisco and Millbrae without incident.

33. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

I think I had done some runs prior without incident as well, I retried it again (It was service 228) and got through fine. Tried a couple other runs with other services and got through ok too so its an intermittent problem.

I can't recall having problems around Millbrae myself but another spot I can remember having a few crashes is around the maintenance facility at San Jose. A few times while driving past it I've abruptly CTD'd.

DW

34. armus

armus Member

The main annoyances I've noticed with Peninsula Corridor (on PS5) are:
    1) when there's the passenger warning about closing doors there shouldn't be a second chime after the phase "Caution, the doors are about to close". Every once in awhile there will be a train/car that starts to loop back to the beginning of the recording and play the chime again, but in TSW it *always* loops to the beginning and starts to play the initial chime again.
    2) the stop locations at each station aren't quite right. The proper location is marked by the signage on the platform, but the game opts for a different location. This is more jarring at a station like South San Francisco, where if you stop where the game wants you to then some of the doors aren't on the platform (I suppose the alternative is to update to the rebuilt platform configuration, but I doubt this would happen unless/until there's an update for the system being electrified).

35. OldVern

Still seems to be much wrong with this otherwise enjoyable route. Latest issue I had which I posted in a separate thread was after the long, long drive with Train 264 on completion it registered as an unconnected empty stock move so I never got the Journey element ticked off.