Peninsula Corridor Speed Errors

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by TrainFreak1994, Mar 25, 2019.

1. TrainFreak1994

TrainFreak1994 New Member

So just after Santa Clara and before San Jose the speed drops to 40, 10, and back up to 40 mph. However the 40 mph is actually a 10 mph zone with the actual 10 mph being about 0.20 miles roughly afterwards and it's supposed to go back up to 40 mph but it stays at 10 mph until just before you hit San Jose. This flaw due to the incompetence of Dovetail Gaming caused me to lose 151 points for speeding and 49 points for being late to San Jose. You guys need to adjust the speeds and schedule because the 5:06 PM arrival time is impossible for me to obtain with unrealistic speeds and incorrect mph sign postings.

2. TrainFreak1994

So no one knows what the problem is or want to help out?

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's actually quite common for speed limits to be wrong or in the wrong place, not just a DTG issue.

As for "nobody wants to help out", we're not all on all the time, so three hours is hardly a long wait to get a response

If it bothers you that much look for fixes on your local RW community forums or workshop. Or do it yourself by editing the track speeds. Matt has several "how to" vids on youtube to get you started

4. TrainFreak1994

That's not an excuse!!! If they're gonna charge $39.99 for that crap then it damn sure better be freaking perfect!!!! This is what happens when things are halfway done and not thoroughly vetted for discrepancies!!!! The blood is on Dovetail Game's hands. They need to do a better job of making sure these errors aren't left for us the consumers to fix. It's not my job to clean up their mess due to their own incompetence.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You want other people to Help You but you don't wish to Help Yourself?

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

No, he wants DTG to do it right in the first place I believe

7. TrainFreak1994

EXACTLY. Especially if they're gonna charge us for this crap. At least get it right. I'd NEVER charge someone for a item that's not flawless.