PC Peninsula Service 267 - Impossible

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by adamant365, Mar 12, 2020.

1. adamant365

adamant365 New Member

Hello All,

I've tried twice to complete service 267 on time, but alas, the best I can do is silver. I'm not necessarily concerned with the fact a "gold" medal is unattainable, more that the timings of the services in front of me are off by about 10 minutes.

First, I'm stuck behind service 365 which according to the sim timetable, is scheduled to arrive at Mountain View at 1653...three minutes after my 267. Then at Palo Alto at 1701...again three minutes after 267. Menlo Park...same deal three minutes after 267. Since 365 departs SJ Diridon 10 minutes before 267, it's impossible to stay on time. Zooming up to watch 365, it arrives at Mtn. View about 10 minutes early. 365 is given 29 minutes to travel from SJ to Mountain View...about 10 minutes too much.

Then it's 263 slowing me down near SF. It is scheduled to arrive at 22nd St. at 1748...a full nine minutes after my 267 is scheduled to arrive. While waiting at the stop signal prior to 22nd St., I zoomed up ahead to watch 263 and it just sits there for the full 8-9 minutes. So it's actually arriving "on time" but it's schedule in the sim is set 10 minutes behind. Looking at the timetable compiled by a user here, 263 arrives at Bayshore at 1722 and is given 26 minutes to make it to 22nd St. I'd say that's a bit off.

I'm all for simulating the inevitable hiccups that slow down services, but having the actual scheduled timings this far off is probably an issue...

TL;DR - Services 263 and 365 probably have incorrect timings making 267 10+ minutes late to SF 4th & King.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I don't think I've driven 365 yet, but I can guarantee that the TSW activity creators are becoming more and more creative. In some of the Oakville Subdivision services, a train begins to depart the yard area in which you have a few maneuvers to perform (for example, running around a rake of cars). If you perform the assigned task too quickly, you'll find yourself waiting to clear a signal block one or more times. This kind of authenticity makes TSW more realistic, not less, and is certainly not a "bug"; nor does it render the activity "broken" -- two terms that are thrown around far too casually by certain members of these forums who eagerly seize anything that they don't comprehend or like as fodder for their maliciousness.

3. adamant365

adamant365 New Member

I can accept this explanation. I guess my only gripe is with the way the preceding services are timed making it impossible for 267 to ever run on time. I also realize that the ability for random events to occur in TSW is just not there right now. So having "incorrect" timings is the most creative way for the devs slow down another particular service and inject some realism into the ops.

Maybe in the future they'll have logic that creates the possibility for random slow downs on any given service without having impossible values in the timed stops.

• Helpful Helpful x 1