PC Performance Issues After Rush Hour Update

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jf21, Nov 21, 2021.

1. jf21

jf21 New Member

Please anyone else let me know if I'm the only one experiencing this issue.

My PC setup is one that can comfortably manage to run the game at 60fps on medium settings for most locations. However, ever since the Rush Hour update this summer, approximately every 30 seconds or so I encounter "stuttering" in the game where the frame rate drops considerably, sometimes into the teens or single digits for a few seconds and then recovers. This has been happening on all of my routes and at all places along each route at any speed.

Back when they were previewing the Boston Sprinter route, during the stream on August 5th,
    you can see the game stuttering every so often as it experiences temporary
    but severe frame rate drops which look almost exactly like what I am
    experiencing. They even make note of it at timestamp 43:10. I have a link to the video at the correct time below.

I have updated my drivers, I have verified the integrity of the game cache on steam, but nothing helped. When I sent in a support ticket, the requested a dxdiag.txt file that had my system specifications on it, and also recommended I see if an update that went out on August 8th fixed it. I sent that file back to them and told them that it had not fixed it, but I have not heard anything back. After a little while the ticket was closed.

More recently, it seems like the stuttering problem has gotten worse. I've started to use the built in hardware monitoring software to see if the stuttering coincides with memory being maxed out, or GPU or CPU performance being maxed out, but on all subsystems there is still headroom to spare.

I'm not sure what went wrong but my gameplay experience went from very good to only marginal now.