Philadelphia Septa Regional

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by throne280, Oct 25, 2019.

1. throne280

throne280 New Member

Hello,

I would like to suggest that Dovetail creates content based on Philadelphia's SEPTA Regional Rail. They have 9 different lines and have much history behind them! For the lines, I would choose 3 out of the 9 since I know it would be a lot to ask for all 9! Based on the flow of scenarios and development I would suggest the following lines within the system:

• Lansdale/Doylestown Line: One of SEPTA's busiest lines and pretty long. Dolyestown is the final stop but there are numerous trips that only go up to Lansdale, which I think is sufficient for gaming purposes. Trips start from Amtrak 30th Street Station in Center City Philadelphia so there would be 20 stops total from 30th street to Lansdale.
    • Warminster Line: Starts from University City Station in Philadelphia and shares the mainline with the Lansdale/Doylestown line (mentioned above) until it branches off after Glenside Station to Warminster. There are 17 stops total, 11 of which are the same as the Lansdale/Doylestown Line.
    • Airport Line: Starts from Philadelphia Internation Airport (Terminal F) to Glenside. Most of the Warminster Line Trips continue on from University to the Airport. So the Airport Line and Warminster Line are sometimes the same. The Airport Line usually continues on to Warminster or ends at Temple University Station just outside of Center City Philadelphia on the mainline.
    Trying my best not to make this to long but I would love to see this route get added and am willing to help with any studies for this project! I choose these 3 lines since they tie into each other and can help players experience the most commuter rail in Philadelphia (similar to the Long Island Railroad in New York, which only includes certain lines rather than all of them). I've uploaded the schedules as reference. Please contact me with questions!

-throne280@gmail.com

Attached Files:

• war.pdf
      File size:
      152.1 KB
      Views:
    • air.pdf
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • doy.pdf
      File size:
      192.8 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would love to see a SEPTA line in the game. The route I would like to see is the FoxChase line set in the 1970 or early 1980's when it was called the Newtown line. When the trains ran to Newtown and all Septa trains terminated at The Reading Terminal. during this era SEPTA used to Run Diesel Passenger Trains with Budd RDC train sets until they discontinued Diesel service in the early 1980's.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

What engines would be included though?

• Like Like x 1
  4. pjs37

pjs37 New Member

If its Septa then I would imagine the SIlverliner V's which is their latest generation train. Otherwise, I guess they could also have their express line train which is just an ACS-64.