PlayStation Piccadilly Line Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by byeo, Oct 29, 2020.

1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I'm sure many of you have seen the Geoff Marshall video where he visits DTG and chats to Matt about the TSW2 Bakerloo Line. An interesting bit was when Matt swas talking about the selection process when deciding which route to create. They narrowed it down to two, the Bakerloo and Piccadilly line, and they initially decided the Piccadilly Line was the way to go but changed it to a more manageable size in the Bakerloo line.

Given the success of the Bakerloo Line and the hype which surrounded it when announced, I'm wondering if DTG will decided to revisit the Piccadilly Line, now they know what they're up against they may want to create a longer LU line (Piccadilly is 44 miles, Bakerloo is 14.4 miles).

Here's hoping..

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I’d like to see the Piccadilly Line in the game, but for some reason I have a feeling that they would have trouble with getting the timetable to work properly with the two branches of the line.

• Like Like x 2
  3. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Maybe that was another reason they opted for the Bakerloo Line..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Adam4422

Adam4422 New Member

Would be great to have the Piccadilly line in the game I would definitely purchase it.

5. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Personally I'd like to see the Central Line, as that's a decent length, and has a good mix of over and underground sections. They could also do the now closed Epping to Ongar extension if they were feeling particularly generous.

• Like Like x 2
  6. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

DTG essentially discounted any underground lines where the trains are driven under ATO, which would rule out the Central line from any potential future releases. They could have done one and set the controls manually, but it wouldn't be authentic to how the trains are driven in reality.

The info was from a stream some time ago with Matt and Sam. I recall it being one of the first Bakerloo line videos.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

That's a shame, as they could have made it a historical route like Tees Valley Line, and either used older stock, or current stock prior to full ATO.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ZeenozPlays

For the Subsurface lines, They could base the route when The older stock (A,C,D) were being phased out and the S Stock were being phased in to avoid having to implement ATO.

For the rest of the ATO Controlled underground, they'll have to add ATO as some of them have been automated for a long time (Victoria).

On the underground, you can disengage ATO and go into "Full Speed Manual" by following the ATO's Speed Limit and Signal Display.

• Like Like x 5
  9. kerimbozkurt

kerimbozkurt New Member

I am into the game because of Bakerloo Line ( thanks to Geoff Marshall's youtube video) and I would be very happy if they can add the Picadilly Line as byeo suggested. Since my childhood I love playing sub sims, I used to play with openBVE and more recently with World of Subways Circle Line edition ( I really tried to convinve them for a deep level line).

If they release Picadilly line, I think it will draw more players from other sub sims such as OpenBVE. Also, Picadilly line is better known by international community as it has a lot of stations which are tourist hot spots as well as it is the main airport line. So I think there would be enough demand for it once they produce the line.

For the route, perhaps two branches would be too much. Maybe they could just do Heathrow-Cockfosters branch. Even if they just do the underground parts such as Hammersmith-Finsbury Park that would be enough for me :) Also if they just do the underground parts, it would be cheaper to produce.

For the train, if they dont want to develop a new train model due to budgetary reasons, they could go with a retro concept. They can use '38 stock that they have used in Isle of Wight line.

It would be fun line to drive at, there are many closed stations along the route such as Down Street and Brompton Road to view, it has the shortest distance between two stations ( between Leicester Square and Covent Garden, you can literally see the other station from the cab). Lots of tight curves and variety of short and long stretches with popular stops ( South Kensington, Knightsbridge, Picadilly Circus, Kings Cross and etc).

Stretching a bit far but even Aldwych extension should be fun especially with a direct Northbound service.

I hope, they would consider adding Picadilly in the near future and many other underground lines. If they do, TSW2 will be a main platform for all sub sim enthusiasts.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ZeenozPlays

I think the full two branches of the Piccadilly can be done, especially since it’s only one type of rolling stock and only 1 line.

Still waiting on the Sub-Surface lines (and Victoria) though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

While I'd love another LU route, I'd be a little disappointed if it was the Piccadilly line personally. It's just a little too similar to the Bakerloo.

I'd strongly advocate for the Metropolitan line to be added, it's got a lot of variety and history, and it could even be set in the past with A stock trains. It's also one of the only underground lines to feature express running. The piccadilly line only has a small stretch of that, and there isn't as much variety in the services. If I remember rightly the met has fast, semi fast and stopping services, so scenarios would be much more varied.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ZeenozPlays

Any Sub-Surface line is welcome.

13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well I guess then Piccadilly line wasn't made because they didn't want to make a long route. Now I think they could add ato underground routes in the game and give players the OPTION to drive the train automaticaly or manually. I don't see the problem with that to be honest. I also think the next line that should be added is the Circle line or any sub surface line to be honest with the s stock

• Like Like x 1
  14. ZeenozPlays

The Circle would be nice. But the next underground route is probably the Piccadilly, then the Metropolitan.

Matt said they landed on the Piccadilly and BKL. They already did BKL, so now they can go back and do Piccadilly. They also have a lot of the Deep Level tube assets already, so it would make since for them to create another route that can reuse them.

I say the Metropolitan afterwards because it was already created in TS by Just Trains. They can remake it in TSW (if they are able to work on TSW).

• Like Like x 1
  15. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I hope if the do the Piccadilly, then we get both branches

• Like Like x 1
  16. jeffah18

jeffah18 New Member

Piccadilly would be good. They have the resources so l don't see why not.

• Like Like x 2
  17. antonioiannucci04

antonioiannucci04 New Member

Come si fa a scaricare un rotta Italiana su tsw 2 per ps4?
    Perfavore vorrei una risposta subito?

18. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

there is no italian route on tsw 2

19. antonioiannucci04

io ho visto una tre immagini su rotte Italiane di tsw 2 e le ho viste su google
    ok?

20. antonioiannucci04

Perfavore una risposta adesso grazie

21. antonioiannucci04

E allora potrei avere la piccadilly line su tsw 2 please?

22. Knightfire1964

the Piccadilly line is not on tsw 2 the photos you have seen of an italian route are most likely train simulator 2021 or below that

23. antonioiannucci04

24. Knightfire1964

yes i'm sure there has been no italian route on the roadmap or anything that has appeared on the store from Italy